At Choco, we’re striving to build a seamlessly connected global food system by 2030. One that enables food to move around the planet transparently, sustainably and without waste. Today, Choco provides a platform connecting restaurants and suppliers resulting in better communication, simplified logistics, and - here comes the big one - less food waste. If you’re looking for a challenging new opportunity and the chance to make a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you.
Want to learn more about #LifeatChoco? Take a look behind the scenes: bit.ly/3sD7tYK
Meet your team
- Meet Wilina, our Head of Global People Operations. You will get support and leadership from them and be able to work together on having success in your role
- Meet Hilary, our General Manager US, you will work closely on a daily basis, advice on people topics and more
Due to the highly collaborative nature of our business (and the fact that we enjoy spending time together), this is primarily an in-office position.
What you’ll do
- Acts as a Business Partner to the US General Manager to advise the business on various visa, personnel and strategic decisions
- Develop strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues
- Ensuring compliance with laws and regulations
- Ensure HR data is kept up to date within the HRIS system
- Managing and leading a team of HR Operations specialists
- Collaborate with the multinational HR team for global projects
What we’re looking for
- Previous experience leading a US HR function
- Proven excellence in scaling business in the past
- Experience working for a fast paced/high growth start up
- Passion for coaching, developing and mentoring team members
- Team first mentality
What it’s like to work at Choco
Need a better idea of who we are? Take a video tour of our headquarters in Berlin.
Founded in 2018, Choco is a young, fast-moving company. And we mean fast. Just a year after our $63.7 million Series A funding round, we secured an additional $100 million in Series B funding. We’re backed by leading investors like Insight Partners, LeftLane Capital, Coatue Management, and Bessemer Venture Partners. In addition, we’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.