Currently, up to 40% of the world’s food is never consumed while 815 million people are undernourished. The supply chain is grossly fragmented and as the world population’s demands continue to grow rapidly, the food industry urgently needs to be transformed.
Our mission is to build a connected global food system by 2030. One that enables food to move around the planet transparently, sustainably and without waste. Today, Choco provides a free digital platform that connects restaurants with their suppliers; an effortless tool that optimises communication, eliminates operational inefficiencies, and simplifies the entire ordering process for all sides. So far we have helped tens of thousands of restaurants and suppliers, but this is only the first step.
As one of the fastest growing tech start-ups globally, we’re moving quicker than ever, assembling the most motivated, humble and curious people to reach the next level together. To change the status quo, we are looking for hyper-motivated team members, optimistic go-getters, and versatile thinkers who have the passion and determination to go to the moon together.
Founded in March 2018, we have already raised one of the largest series A of the last 5 years (Total raised $171.5M). We are backed by world leading VCs such as Insight Partners, LeftLane Capital,Coatue and Bessemer Venture Partners and startup leaders and entrepreneurs who have built companies such as Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, SoundCloud, DropBox, and Delivery Hero.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?:
Support Associates are the face of Choco and the first responders to any and all inbound customer communication. From manning the support chat to assessing issues to maintaining customer facing documentation, our Customer Support Associates ensure Choco’s customers are empowered to spend less time on paperwork and more time doing what they do best: making delicious eats.
WHY JOIN US?:
You will join one of the fastest growing teams at Choco, our US region. Our team is made up of a diverse group of individuals from across the world who share our mission in redefining food systems to positively impact the food industry.
We believe in hiring from within and promoting talent so, as the business continues to grow extremely fast, you will be given the opportunity to develop and grow alongside it.
WHAT DOES THE JOB ENTAIL?:
Delight customers: You will help restaurants across North America keep their diners fed by resolving customer problems in real-time and working behind the scenes to prevent problems before they even happen. In this role you have the power to make someone’s day, every day.
Be the expert: You will know the product like the back of your hand. Customers and internal teams will look to you for guidance on best practices and how to resolve issues. You will also be a key part of the product feedback loop, acting as the voice of the customer with product and engineering teams.
Continuously grow: You will be a part of growing the Support organization from the ground up. Not only will you have the opportunity to accelerate your development, but you will be able to make an impact on the broader organization. You get to be a part of defining processes, systems, and the office culture!
- Customer Focused: The customer is your North Star. You can communicate empathetically and put yourself in the position of the customer to solve problems.
- Excellent communicator: You are an active listener who can quickly assess a customer’s issue and clearly convey an effective solution.
- Problem solver: You love solving puzzles and you can quickly cascade through solutions to land on the right one as you assess a situation.
- Tech savvy: Ability to navigate Excel and understand new technologies quickly is a must. Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Structured / Organized: You can independently multi-task and not lose sight of competing priorities coming through multiple communication channels.
- Motivated: You are not just looking to join a company--you are seeking to help build one. You are driven every day to help the company and those around you continuously improve.
- Detail Oriented: You can open a giant Excel sheet and spot the data errors in no time flat.
- 1-3 years experience a plus
READY FOR THE CHALLENGE?:
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.