At Choco, we have the ambition to become one of the largest and most successful businesses of the next decade. Our mission is to reduce food waste on a global scale by redesigning the food industry's global value chain. The first step towards realising this mission is our food and supply ordering platform connecting restaurants with their suppliers and simplifying the way food is traded between them. Founded in March 2018, we have raised some of the largest rounds in Europe at such an early stage and we are backed by top investors as well as startup leaders and entrepreneurs who have built companies such as Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, SoundCloud, DropBox, and Delivery Hero.
🧇 Your mission 🧇
This is an opportunity to join the team that is the soul of Choco: our Sales Team. You will be responsible of driving growth in one of the most promising Choco markets, Belgium, developing and executing localised plans at record speed.
Your main job will be to pitch our app to restaurant owners. Your ultimate goal is to improve the life of thousands of people, one chef at a time, and to scale a company with millions of potential users in a fast paced environment.
In practice, you will have to do much more than that to ensure the development of the market is successful. For this reason, you will also get to learn how other functions at Choco operate such as Account Management, Customer Support, Business Development, Remote Sales and much more, setting you on a path to become a true entrepreneur.
- You will study the district you are responsible for, fully manage your leads from acquisition to conversion, create your plan of action and have full ownership of your territory.
- Being a killer at sales, you hustle to reach restaurant owners, pitch and convince, then convert them into engaged users.
- You are a natural born communicator, you have an innate talent for connecting with people and you quickly understand how to effectively communicate Choco’s value proposition to a very diverse audience of potential users.
- Find opportunities for improvement in all activities you do by being data driven to the bone, test new initiatives and show they work efficiently.
🔍 The ideal candidate 🔍
- Education: went through business, engineering school or university with ambition, appetite for learning and hard work, hence you have excellent scores and plenty of extracurricular activities.
- Competitive mindset: you are comfortable to perform under pressure and are motivated by the thought of defeating aggressive competitors.
- Work ethic: you are hungry to give your hardest effort and your best energies into building a truly successful global business. You are ready to do whatever it takes to grow Choco’s user base in a mature or new city.
- Take initiatives: we are building a truly global business at Choco but we are still just a startup. Things are messy here and we are looking for individuals who can prioritise and get things done in such an environment.
- Curiosity: passion for the food industry and curiosity to learn everything about it.
- Native or perfectly fluent in French, English, and Dutch.
- Valid "convention de stage" or authorization to do an internship from your university.
🍫 What we offer you 🍫
The opportunity to take ownership, grow quickly and make an impact in building a truly successful global business with a positive ambition. The opportunity to learn among inspiring leaders who have built several businesses and ventures all around the world, and in a company which has the means of its ambition.
- Growth: we believe in hiring from within and retaining top talent so, as the business continues to grow extremely fast, you will be given the opportunity to develop and grow alongside it.
- Entrepreneur mindset: if your dream is to get exposure to different areas of the business and learn how to succeed in any role, we give you the opportunity to move across different functions and learn everything you need to become an entrepreneur within a few years.
- A stellar team: the biggest asset we have is the amazing people we have been able to attract to Choco. As a Chocorian, you will be able to join a truly international community of people who inspire each other every day and strive to contribute to the mission
- A worthy mission: we deeply care about having a positive impact on the world and we have decided to tackle one of the hardest and biggest problems of our times, food waste and its impact on the environment. If you deeply care about the impact of your work and aren’t satisfied with "just a job”, this is your opportunity to make a difference.
🍻 One last thing before you go 🍻
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.