Who we are & What we do
At Choco, we have the ambition to become one of the largest and most successful businesses of the next decade. Our mission is to reduce food waste on a global scale by redesigning the food industry's global value chain. The first step towards realising this mission is our food-supply ordering platform connecting restaurants and suppliers and simplifying the way food is traded between them.
Founded in March 2018, we have already raised one of the largest series A of the last 5 years (Total raised $71.5M). We are backed by top VCs such as COATUE, Bessemer Venture Partners and Atlantic Labs, as well as startup leaders and entrepreneurs who have built companies such as Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, SoundCloud, DropBox, and Delivery Hero.
What would a Legal Assistant do at Choco ?
The Legal department is an integral part of Choco, it is responsible for all matters relating to venture capital, data privacy, commercial & employment law/regulatory requirements, the Legal Assistant role will get to have experience across this spectrum of business matters.
Responsibilities of this role
- Preparing the (legal) path for new products & partnerships
- Supporting national and international projects in M&A, privacy or regulatory requirements with corporate and commercial law
- Advice on and research about legal requirements in general (e.g. labour law, visa issues, competition law)
- Supporting the draft, review and negotiation of commercial and HR contracts
- Administering the contract management tool
- Assisting the development of the company wide Legal Department information page (Notion page)
- Assisting the development of the international set-up between the entities (group structure) to ensure the company's scalability
What does it take to perform as a Legal Assistant at Choco:
The must haves:
- German Law Degree 1 (1. Staatsexamen or Wirtschaftsrecht) from a German university
- Business fluent in English and German
Nice to haves:
- (Basic) French and/or Spanish language skills
- Solid interest in disruptive (tech) industries
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment
- Communication is the key to getting the job done. You possess the ability to pass on information to internal and external stakeholders efficiently.
- Strong analytical skills that allow you to quickly grasp and present legal issues in different areas of law
- Good self-organisation, independence, a high level of commitment and a "hands-on" mentality
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.