At Choco, we’re striving to build a seamlessly connected global food system by 2030. One that enables food to move around the planet transparently, sustainably and without waste. Today, Choco provides a platform connecting restaurants and suppliers resulting in better communication, simplified logistics, and - here comes the big one - less food waste. If you’re looking for a challenging new opportunity and the chance to make a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you.
Want to learn more about #LifeatChoco? Take a look behind the scenes: bit.ly/3sD7tYK
Building a great company means putting data and analytics at the heart of decision making and operations - and enabling everyone in the organization to have access to high quality insights. As our Head of Business Intelligence you will be a core part of our new Intelligence department by leading the day-to-day operations of our BI team - from owning Choco's BI infrastructure (Looker) and the full scope of reporting internally to communication with internal and external stakeholders.
What you’ll do
- Leading, developing and growing a team of business intelligence analysts
- Participate in the full lifecycle of an analytics or BI project: from gathering and understanding the requirements to creating the functional design, architecting the solution, supervising the detailed technical design and implementation, to preparing and executing the functional tests
- Designing and managing underlying data sources to allow quick and efficient data extracts to support analysis;
- Contribute to the development of strategies, operating models (i.e. organisations & processes), roadmaps and business cases for Analytics and BI solutions
- Dealing with ad-hoc requests from business teams, delivery routine reportings and dashboard and developing new Looker models with your team
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of experience working in a BI or analytics role with people responsibilities
- Extensive experience in SQL, python or other data languages and data visualisation in tools such as Looker, Tableau, Power BI or similar
- Great technical understanding of data architecture and infrastructure
- Experience in communicating with all levels of stakeholders - from C-level to junior employees
- Good understanding of business processes and KPIs
You impress us even more if
- Experience with Looker, AWS Redshift, Glue, Airflow and Athena
- Experience with fast-moving startups - having scaled BI in such a company is a strong bonus
What it’s like to work at Choco
Need a better idea of who we are? Take a video tour of our headquarters in Berlin.
Founded in 2018, Choco is a young, fast-moving company. And we mean fast. Just a year after our $63.7 million Series A funding round, we secured an additional $100 million in Series B funding. We’re backed by leading investors like Insight Partners, LeftLane Capital, Coatue Management, and Bessemer Venture Partners. In addition, we’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.