Choco provides a centralized platform connecting restaurants and suppliers. The result is better communication, simplified logistics, and - here comes the big one - less food waste. Our aim is to contribute to a transparent, sustainable and waste-free global food chain by 2030.
With technology at the core of our work, our engineers are driven by quality. Our chat-based ordering app has already changed the game for thousands of restaurants and suppliers across the globe, but there is much more work to be done. And that’s where we need your help. If you’re looking to be at the intersection of purpose and innovation, we’d love to hear from you.
Meet your team
Unlocking tech potential. Humble may not be the right word, since our aspirations are global and we think big. We are needed. And the team knows that. We get a sense that this is why people not only join our team, they join the mission as a fellow visionary. We’re not programmers, engineers, or marketers - we’re trailblazers. We are launching new cross-functional teams focusing on implementing business-critical, user-facing product features across our mobile and web platforms. Your main mission will be to support and guide your team in order to build and deliver a range of product features. As an early joiner of this team, you will focus on building the rest of the engineering team together with the PM, incept and design the system and start the implementation. In the early stages of work, this role will be mostly about hands-on engineering and hiring which will gradually transition towards people management and technical leadership. You will build a connected team and once it is complete, you will work directly with 10-12 people from a range of backgrounds: product management, product design, backend engineering, web development, Android engineering, iOS engineering and QA automation.
As a culture-first company, we believe in the power of in-person collaboration. We look forward to working with you from our office in Berlin.
What you’ll do
- Support your team and ensure they are aligned, performant, fulfilled and continuously develop both technically and personally via One on Ones
- Nurture a healthy team culture and make sure different functions collaborate well
- Take active part in interviewing and hiring engineers from diverse backgrounds for your own and other teams
- Take complete and end to end technical ownership of a new product
- Share your knowledge, develop expertise in our product and grow with your team to become an even greater engineering manager.
The technology you’ll work with
- We have a cutting-edge environment and use NodeJS, TypeScript, GraphQL, AWS DynamoDB and our infrastructure is powered by AWS SNS, AWS SQS, AWS Lambda, AWS AppSync, AWS CloudFormation, AWS CodePipeline and AWS S3.
- We use React, TypeScript, micro frontends architecture, Jest, Styled Components for our web frontend. Our mobile apps are written in Kotlin and Swift and we utilize AppSync with GraphQL.
- We also utilize Data Engineering and Data Science to implement analytics and smart features for our product and operations.
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of experience in managing an engineering team of 6+ people. Good people management, ability to build trust, interviewing skills and ability to build a healthy engineering culture. Your overall experience in delivering software solutions and products should be more than 8+ years.
- Experience in designing and building complex products (in any areas from the following: mobile, microservices, event-driven architecture, integrations and APIs)
- Good knowledge in system design, software architecture and scaling applications
- Ability to drive and deliver large features and projects spanning across multiple sprints with significant business impact
- Strong communication skills combined with influence and eagerness to share and develop others
- The drive to use your skills where it makes a positive impact
Founded in 2018, Choco is a young, fast-moving company. And we mean fast. Just a year after our $63.7 million Series A funding round, we secured an additional $100 million in Series B funding. We’re backed by leading investors like Insight Partners, LeftLane Capital, Coatue Management, and Bessemer Venture Partners. In addition, we’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.