🍫 Choco is the leading ordering app for restaurants across Europe and the US. Based in Berlin, we are looking for a Head of Vendor Management to hire and lead our vendor teams across DACH.Your ownership will range from hiring and scaling the team 5x in the next 6 months, to commercializing our business through novel monetization streams, and to, ultimately, build out our market leadership across DACH in 2022. After investing heavily into our supplier products and services over the past 18 months, it's time to win the hearts of thousands of suppliers.🍫
WHAT THIS ROLE ENTAILS:
- Take ownership for hiring, building and scaling our vendor management teams to unprecedented levels
- Build and scale our vendor management function, and build the foundation to commercialize our business
- Be the face of Choco inside the F&B German industry and represent our region across the Choco global team
- Introduce product innovations to our industry and help us educate suppliers on digitizing their business
- Own the performance, training and management of our sales team across the DACH market
- Build out new processes and introduce workflows to help our sales teams outperform their targets
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Native or C2 German Speaking Ability
- At least 3 years in partnerships, sales, account management or business development
- Experience in leading large sales teams and/or building processes and novel functions
- A strong interest in the digitization of the German F&B industry to build a massively successful business
- Outstanding communication skills
- Pragmatic, solution-oriented mindset
- Proactivity & reliability
- Team-first mentality
- Humility & Optimism
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Growth Opportunities. A vast amount of responsibility with untapped space for personal development
- Team. Tremendous amount of collaboration with a group of diverse peers from all across the world
- Ownership. A creative environment to support the development of your ideas
- Health. Wellness initiatives (physical and mental), fitness memberships, access to stress and wellness professionals
- Retreats. Team retreats to celebrate our achievements
WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE DO:
At Choco, we have the ambition to become one of the largest and most successful businesses of the next decade. Our mission is to reduce food waste on a global scale by redesigning the food industry's global value chain. The food industry is an industry with a monumental array of problems, especially in the food-supply-chain. We leverage technology to build the digital platform on which the global food trade will operate. We have the potential to decrease food waste by 30%.
Today, Choco provides a free digital platform that connects restaurants with their suppliers; an effortless tool that optimises communication, eliminates operational inefficiencies, and simplifies the entire ordering process for all sides. A vital first step in the digitization of the global food-supply-chain.
As one of the fastest growing tech start-up’s globally, we’re moving quicker than ever, assembling the most driven, humble and intelligent people to reach the next level together. Founded in March 2018, Choco now has over 15,000 restaurants across 20 markets around the world. Our founders have helped build companies such as Zalando (IPO’d), Lazada (sold to Alibaba) and Foodora (sold to DeliveryHero). We recently raised one of the largest Series A ($71.5M) funding rounds in European history.
WHAT ABOUT THE TEAM?
READY FOR THE CHALLENGE?
2.First interview with Mia, your Recruiter
3.Interview with Julius, DACH Regional Lead
4. Case Call with Functional/Regional Leads
5. Last interview with Dan, our Founder & CEO
ITS YOUR CALL NOW, DON'T HESITATE TO APPLY!
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone.All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.