Choco provides a centralized platform connecting restaurants and suppliers. The result is better communication, simplified logistics, and - here comes the big one - less food waste. Our aim is to contribute to a transparent, sustainable and waste-free global food chain by 2030.
With technology at the core of our work, our engineers are driven by quality. Our chat-based ordering app has already changed the game for thousands of restaurants and suppliers across the globe, but there is much more work to be done. And that’s where we need your help. If you’re looking to be at the intersection of purpose and innovation, we’d love to hear from you.
Meet your team
You will work as part of a dedicated cross-functional, autonomous squad team together with iOS, Android, QA, frontend and backend engineers. The team is coached by an engineering manager who works in a triangle with product design and product management. There are 2 or 3 feature teams in every product team and in every product team we need at least one or two iOS engineers.
You will also be part of a so-called Chapter team, which is everyone in your technical discipline, at this stage we are a team of 9 iOS engineers.
Your main focus will be the development and launch of new features for our restaurant and supplier users. You will directly report to the Engineering Manager of your squad.
Our CTO Vikas Gupta
As a culture-first company, we believe in the power of in-person collaboration. We look forward to working with you from our office in Berlin.
What you’ll do
- On a day-day basis you will create an engaging UI together with product designers and user experience researchers
- You will improve our iOS client, test, deploy and benchmark your own code and participate in code reviews
- From day one you will have a lot of trust, autonomy and responsibility. Most likely your code will be in production during the first week or two
- You will work with developers, product managers, designers, web engineers and QA and actively take part in product discussions. Here we would love to hear your ideas on how to continuously improve our app
The technology you’ll work with
- Swift, GraphQL, AppSync, Git, MVP & VIPER, Clean architecture
What we’re looking for
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or several years of practical experience in iOS software development
- A senior level engineer skill set, with at least 4+ years of hands-on experience developing iOS apps
- Proficient with Swift 4+ and iOS frameworks
- Care about writing high-quality code and testing it well
We invite you to take part in the following selection process:
- Introduction call: a Tech Recruiter will tell you more about Choco, our Tech Org and get to know your work, background, interests and you as a person better.
- Technical interview: During this stage we want to get deeper into your technical knowledge. Next to some technical questions you will work together with another engineer in a pair programming exercise.
- System design & Architecture: Together with our chapter lead backend or one of our lead engineers you will do a system design exercise to test your architectural skills.
- Cultural & Collaboration interview: we will have a chat with you about our culture and check what can be your non-technical contribution to Choco. Our product managers would like to see how you would collaborate on building the most amazing product for our customers.
- OFFER: your interviewers will make a decision together regarding your offer.
- A stellar onboarding and the smartest team in the foodspace will be waiting for you! 🚀
Founded in 2018, Choco is a young, fast-moving company. And we mean fast. Just a year after our $63.7 million Series A funding round, we secured an additional $100 million in Series B funding. We’re backed by leading investors like Insight Partners, LeftLane Capital, Coatue Management, and Bessemer Venture Partners. In addition, we’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.