About the role
We are hiring for a Senior Compliance Manager on our Compliance team. As our Senior Compliance Manager, Fair Lending, you will focus on scaling our program and ensuring products, features, and services are delivered in a fair and responsible manner. This position will play a critical role in the product compliance journey by executing key deliverables and providing subject matter expertise related to regulatory requirements, industry practices, and bank partner expectations. You will work closely with Legal, Product, Engineering, Credit, Model Risk Management, Decision Science and Machine Learning teams to identify, assess, and mitigate fair lending risks across products, features, and services.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $146,610.00 and up to $207,700.00. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Lead the maintenance, enhancement, and execution of the fair lending compliance program, including governance, policies and procedures, advisory frameworks, risk assessment, and testing
- Provide subject matter expertise on fair lending compliance and communicate regulatory expectations for fair lending matters throughout the product life-cycle across applicable products, features, and services
- Perform ongoing reviews of consumer complaints, marketing & advertising, loan documentation, and all applicable consumer-related forms for fair lending risks
- Evaluate proposed business changes, including new or modified products/services/models/policies/processes to ensure compliance with applicable fair lending-related laws and regulations
- Drive corrective actions taken to address fair lending issues, including assisting with the implementation of remediation, conducting follow-up reviews to determine the adequacy, and effectiveness of the action taken
- Develop and administer training and education on fair lending across the company as applicable
- Provide regular reporting to senior management, committees, and bank partners on the effectiveness of the fair lending compliance program, including key deliverables, issues, regarding the level and direction of fair lending risk, status of remediation efforts, and communicate emerging trends or issues
To thrive in this role, you have
- Bachelor's degree; an advanced degree is a plus
- 8+ years of professional experience in Compliance, Risk or Audit roles financial institutions consumer compliance experience
- Significant experience performing fair Lending risk assessment and reviews
- Experience as a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) is preferred
- Strong knowledge of consumer protection regulations such as Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Truth in Lending, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and UDAAP
- Demonstrable working experience with technology solutions used to provide robust fair lending analysis (e.g., RiskExec, CRA Wiz, SAS, etc.)
- Excellent communicator across different audiences with the ability to adjust communication style as appropriate; ability to simplify complex topics and distill information down to essential points for a non-technical audience
- Strong organization, analytical, and planning skills; ability work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects toward completion without compromising quality
- Strong ability to work with business partners to ensure alignment and positively impact change
A little about us
At Chime, we believe that everyone can achieve financial progress. We’re passionate about developing solutions and services to empower people to succeed. Every day, we start with empathy for our members and stay motivated by our desire to support them in ways that make a meaningful difference.
We created Chime—a financial technology company, not a bank*-- founded on the premise that basic banking services should be helpful, transparent, and fair. Chime helps unlock the access and ability our members need to overcome the systemic barriers that block them from moving forward. By providing members with access to liquidity, rewards, and credit building, our easy-to-use tools and intuitive platforms give members the ability to have more control over their money and to take action toward achieving their financial ambitions.
So far, we’re well-loved by our members and proud to have helped millions of people unlock financial progress, whether they started a savings account, bought their first car or home, opened a business, or went to college. Every day, we’re inspired by our members’ dreams and successes, big and small.
We’re uniting everyday people to unlock their financial progress—will you join us?
*Chime partners with The Bancorp Bank and Stride Bank, N.A., Members FDIC, that power the bank accounts used by Chime Members.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus great medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🫂 1% of your time off to support local community organizations of your choice
- 🧠 Mental health support with therapy and coaching through Modern Health
- 👶 16 weeks of paid parental leave for all parents and an additional 6-8 weeks for birthing parents
- 👪 Access to Maven, a family planning tool, with up to $10k in reimbursement for egg freezing, fertility treatments, adoption, and more.
- 💻 Hybrid work perks, like UrbanSitter and Kinside for backup child, elder and/or pet care, as well as a subsidized commuter benefit
- 🏢 A thoughtful hybrid work policy that combines in-office days and trips to team and company-wide events depending on location to ensure you stay connected to your work and teammates, whether you’re local to one of our offices or remote
- 🎉 In-person and virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers—think cooking classes, guided meditations, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help millions unlock financial progress
We know that great work can’t be done without a diverse team and inclusive environment. That’s why we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas to join our team. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Cook County Ordinance, and consistent with Canadian provincial and federal laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.