Chili Piper is a B2B SaaS startup. Our product helps clients turn inbound leads into qualified meetings instantly, helping revenue teams connect to buyers faster.
Think Calendly. Except way better. Way more powerful. And with customers like RingCentral, Airbnb, Square, Intuit, Spotify, Twilio, and many other cool logos.
We’re growing fast. And we don’t mean that in the cliche way. We are sitting on a fresh round of funding, and are ready to take over the world (in the most civil and appropriate way possible, of course).
As we look to design even more customer-oriented products, we are expanding the Product Design team with a new function - UX Research, and looking to hire the first UX Researcher.
We are looking for you to help us make more informed decisions, bring insights and voice of the customer to the table, and enable designers and the product team to validate hypotheses and assumptions more easily with a set of fast and proven research techniques. Help us to mitigate risk and help guide our design and product teams to the best solution, optimizing various user journeys and coming up with new ideas.
You will be a part of an existing team of designers to support you and collaborate on the end to end design process, as we look to build out the function and partner up with cross-functional teams.
Responsibilities and what you will do:
- You will play a key part in helping build this function and acting as a representative within the bigger product organization.
- Lead research initiatives to gain insights from customers, mitigate risk and help guide our design and product decisions to the best solution
- Work embedded in a cross-functional business team to identify key research questions to user problems, address them through a mixed methods approach: customer interviews, usability tests, surveys and other.
- Responsible for design, launching and recruiting for the activities above
- Working with key stakeholders and providing actionable insights and recommendations to the product team
- Training the team on best practices
- Over time, building a playbook of best practices and methods to be used by other team members to do more focused research themselves better
- Building a simple research repository where findings could be stored and accessed openly
- Big plus: help the team with workshop facilitation skills
You will be great in the role if:
- You are fluent with various validation research and testing, survey design, quantitative and qualitative analysis methods.
- Ideally with 2-3 years of experience working in a product-led organization, working with various product teams helping better the user experience with a track record of projects to prove.
- Experience with the whole product lifecycle — from early stage to launch and beyond, observing customers and iterating on the product.
- Having an understanding of various research methods, their strengths and weaknesses. You know what works and which one to use to achieve expected results.
- Remote research is your second-nature (we are a fully remote company)
- You have good presentation skills and storytelling abilities to rally the team
- Nice to have: You have some workshop facilitation experience: design sprints, ideation, discovery
How We Work
- Freedom and flexibility. We’re a 100% distributed team working from around the world. Our team members can work from wherever they want in the world, as long as they show up on our weekly all hands meeting on Zoom.
- Solve interesting problems. The software landscape has exploded. There are dozens of solutions for each problem. We want to be different. We come up with new angles on existing problems or invent better solutions to help companies with their sales and marketing. Then we turn these ideas into beautiful, smart software.
- Autonomy and ownership. Working on a distributed team means you don’t have someone micromanaging you or looking over your shoulder to make sure you’re getting things done. We’re a team of do-ers who take full ownership for their results.
- Be helpful. Our first value as a company is help. Help our customers be successful. Help our prospects get the right information and make the right decision whether or not it includes our products. Help our team members reach their full potential.
- Unlimited Vacation
- Company Offered 401k Plan
- Generous Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- WeWork membership so you can work from anywhere
- Any equipment/software/tech that you need to do your job