Chili Piper is a B2B SaaS startup. Our product helps clients turn inbound leads into qualified meetings instantly, helping revenue teams connect to buyers faster.
Think Calendly. Except way better. Way more powerful. And with customers like RingCentral, Airbnb, Square, Intuit, Spotify, Twilio, and many other cool logos.
We’re growing fast. And we don’t mean that in the cliche way. We are sitting on a fresh round of funding, and are ready to take over the world (in the most civil and appropriate way possible, of course).
The Chili Piper marketing team is seeking an experienced public relations and marketing leader to own the company’s media strategy. We are looking for a team-oriented B2B marketing professional with exceptional writing and critical thinking skills, and experience leading media-centric marketing campaigns. Candidates must have a passion for working in fast-paced environments, and a proven track record of both developing and executing marketing communications plans. They should be a self-starter, results-oriented, and data-driven. They will have strong intellectual curiosity, be comfortable working within a global organization, and take business goals into consideration when making brand and creative-related decisions. A mixture of agency and in-house experience is preferred.
This individual will be responsible for supporting strategic comms announcements including communication planning, working with reporters, drafting key messages and writing communication briefings.
- Develop and implement PR/Media Plan that encompasses strategy and tactics to garner earned coverage in business publications, trade publications in our targeted industries, and publications for enterprise customer roles
- Research and nominate the Group for Best in Class industry awards
- Manage podcast, videocast and live event speaking program for CEO and other Chili Piper thought leaders, including researching appropriate venues, development of presentations where necessary, etc.
- Manage media interviews and media appearances, developing messaging points, and conducting executive briefings
- Prepare press releases and other PR documents
- Work with sales and customers to obtain quotes for press releases, etc.
- Identify and manage key influencers (non-press) and build/execute influencer plan for our markets and industries
- Establish and maintain positive and productive relationships with the media—building and maintaining journalist relationships, identifying story ideas, pitching stories, and securing coverage.
- Proven relationships with media from tier one publications such as TechCrunch, WSJ, etc.., along with a track record of feature article coverage with them
- Experience organizing promotional events, press conferences, and media tours.
- Develop subject matter expertise in Chili Piper products as well as the issues that impact our business and the competitive landscape.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, product, and sales teams, and cultivating relationships with key industry influencers.
- Developing weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual media activity reports.
- Analyzing media coverage and presenting strategy and results to Chili Piper executives.
What You Bring To The Team
- BA/BS in journalism or business preferred
- 5-7 years of communications experience, including technology/product and thought leadership programs
- Excellent writing, editing, and project management skills
- Experience with marketing applications/cloud technology
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Team. We're a collaborative team, and we need someone with positive energy and a willingness to partner with others to accomplish shared goals.
- Creativity. Someone who is willing to bring an endless supply of new ideas. This role offers LOTS of room to think creatively.
- Ownership. Someone who is comfortable taking on projects and seeing them through to completion. Someone whom colleagues can count on to work independently.
- Experience proactively identifying trends, developing compelling narratives, and driving a leadership position in the technology industry.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify communication opportunities that will resonate with the media and interest the public.
- Strong experience writing and executing pitches, key messages and communications materials.
- Proven media relations skills required; technology and business media preferred.
- High communication skills in order to work with cross functional teams and successfully align team strategies.
- Curate digital only communication, through different platforms, apps, and formats.
- Outstanding attention to detail, understanding of technology and ability to communicate complex topics effectively.
- Excellent writing skills and proven ability to craft highly impactful copy.
- Thrives in a collaborative environment and is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- Strong judgment and the ability to respond quickly, yet thoughtfully to urgent PR matters.
How We Work
- Freedom and flexibility. We’re a 100% distributed team working from around the world. Our team members can work from wherever they want in the world, as long as they show up on our weekly all hands meeting on Zoom
- Solve interesting problems. The software landscape has exploded. There are dozens of solutions for each problem. We want to be different. We come up with new angles on existing problems or invent better solutions to help companies with their sales and marketing. Then we turn these ideas into beautiful, smart software.
- Autonomy and ownership. Working on a distributed team means you don’t have someone micromanaging you or looking over your shoulder to make sure you’re getting things done. We’re a team of do-ers who take full ownership for their results.
- Be helpful. Our first value as a company is help. Help our customers be successful. Help our prospects get the right information and make the right decision whether or not it includes our products. Help our team members reach their full potential.