You are called to make a difference in the mental health community. We are an industry leading community based mental health and total wellbeing provider located in the beautiful city of Denver, Colorado.
WellPower isn’t just a Denver Post Top Workplace; it’s an opportunity to make the impact you set out to make when you decided to pursue a career in mental health.
WellPower powers the pursuit of wellbeing through comprehensive services provided to Children, Families, Teens and Transitioning Adults, and Adults of all ages with all levels of need. By joining WellPower as a Medical Provider you will have the opportunity to create programs, lead teams, and participate in innovative research opportunities that can change lives. Multiple flexible opportunities available.
- We offer multi-specialty collaboration with a mission-driven integrated health care delivery model.
- We demonstrate our commitment to a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion by hiring physicians that reflect and value the diversity of people and cultures.
- We practice in an environment with people we serve at the center and deliver culturally responsive and compassionate care to those within our community.
Learn more about WellPower:
You have been called to do the important work, and to support you in doing the work, we offer amazing benefits, such as:
- Flexible Schedules
- Wellbeing Time
- Industry Leading PTO accruals
- 9 Paid Holidays Per Year
- Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
- Continuing Education Opportunities and Reimbursement
- Retirement Savings Opportunities with Organization Contributions and Match
- Comprehensive Health and Welfare Benefits with Almost Immediate Eligibility (we haven’t raised our employee premium contribution amounts for over six years!)
- Relocation Assistance (as needed/ approved)
- Individualized Personal Growth in a Supportive Environment that Encourages Every Employee to Bring Their Whole Selves to Work
Pay Range & Benefits:
STARTING SALARY: $255,000 - $285,000 per year. Differential for bilingual candidates.
WellPower is committed to fair and equitable hiring with salaries based on relevant factors, such as work experience, education, and certification/licensure (rather than wage history). Toward the principle of equal pay for equal work, we post and hire within defined hiring salary ranges. We ask all applicants to carefully review the hiring salary range for each posted job opportunity, as we will not hire outside the predetermined range.
All full-time, benefits eligible employees will be eligible for WellPower’s benefits plan. For a full description of benefit offerings, please visit: https://wellpower.org/workplace-of-choice/.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide psychiatric services to people we serve on the team(s) assigned by the Chief Medical Officer, including but not limited to:
- Provide direct psychiatric services including addiction services through the comprehensive evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of people we serve, including prescribing and administering medications.
- Provide professional consultation to staff, participate in staff conferences, and serve on clinical committees.
- Manage psychiatric emergencies, including mental health hold evaluations and court evaluations.
- Manage the treatment of people we serve who are under court ordered treatment and care in compliance with 27-10 rules and regulations.
- Complete necessary medical records and reports.
- Provide scheduled back-up psychiatric coverage throughout the Organization during operating hours.
- Coordination of care with medical services as needed.
- Supervise the treatment plans of assigned people we serve.
- Participate on quality assurance, educational, and professional committees as assigned by the Medical/Clinical Director.
- Participate in program development with Division/Team Psychiatrist as assigned.
- Develop and/or participate in research protocols as approved.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a trauma informed environment of wellbeing.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy. Board eligible desirable.
- Completion of child and adolescent psychiatric residency from an approved Child Psychiatry Program.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of trauma informed principles and practices.
- Medical expertise.
- Experience and expertise in prescribing psychotropic medications.
- Knowledge and competency in all facets of mental health treatment.
- Strong interpersonal skills to participate in service delivery within an interdisciplinary team.
- Strong communication skills to work with staff and other agencies in a professional manner.
- Strong clinical formulation and treatment planning skills.
- Strong cultural competency.
- Strong time management skills.
- Experience and competence with electronic health records.
- Maintain a trauma informed environment of wellbeing.
- Opportunity to supervise psychiatric trainees.
Why else might you want to consider working at WellPower?
- Named Top Workplace - we have been named a Top Workplace by the Denver Post for ten consecutive years
- Champion Social Justice Causes - we are committed to ending anti-Black racism in our community
- 9 Paid Holidays – including Juneteenth, Martin Luther King Jr. Day and more
- Robust Benefits Package – our benefits start at 30 hours per week and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, and a retirement match
- Employee Resource Groups – our ERG’s offer a chance to connect, address workplace challenges and get support from individuals who share similar characteristics or life experiences
- Gainsharing – we offer a bonus to employees if the organization meets certain requirements for the year
- $50,000/year minimum wage for all employees – we believe that our employees should earn a livable wage conducive to the cost of living in Denver, Colorado
- Free Licensure Supervision – for LCSWs/LPCs/LMFTs
- Sports Leagues – we offer a variety of activities for our employees, including bowling, dragon boat racing, volleyball leagues, and more
Tuberculosis (TB) screening, testing - TB screening and testing, is required and must be completed prior to hire (i.e., preplacement), and maintained during employment.