WellPower provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
WellPower values and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to ending bias and discrimination in our community and ensuring equity within all aspects of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This part-time or full-time position focuses on completing bilingual (Spanish) psychological assessments. Primary functions will be to carry an individual psychological assessment caseload and assist with program development with a major focus on bilingual pediatric psychodiagnostics, autism spectrum disorder evaluations, and potential to conduct forensic immigration evaluations. There is also the potential to supervise pre-doctoral interns and doctoral level externs.
WellPower is a large, well-established, innovative, and vibrant community mental health center that provides outpatient mental health services to individuals recovering from serious and persistent mental illness. In addition to a complex presentation of psychiatric symptoms, many of our clients have significant trauma histories and complex family systems. Assessment services are in high demand and the department is well-respected within our organization. Services offered by the staff assessment psychologists include evaluation of children and adults for: diagnostic clarification, general intellectual functioning, learning disabilities, adaptive functioning, personality disorders, general emotional and interpersonal functioning, academic achievement, neurodevelopmental disorders, and autism spectrum disorder.
Learn more about WellPower:
- $2.50/hour Spanish language differential
Please note: part-time or full-time availability for this role
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conduct psychological assessments (complex neurodevelopmental and psychiatric differentials) with diverse outpatient population. Carry own psychological assessment caseload; meeting professional deadlines.
- Active participant on multidisciplinary team; consult internally with other professionals, assist with treatment planning, attend clinical case review meetings, grand rounds etc.
- Develop Spanish-language assessment library
- Experience preferred, but training opportunities available in the ADOS-2 administration
- Potential to learn how to conduct thorough forensic immigration evaluations under supervision (if limited prior experience)
- Complete administrative duties and special projects, such as participation in presentations, research, program development, and other related projects as requested.
- Assist with continued program development of bilingual assessment services at WellPower and build relationships with internal referral sources
- Possibility of supervising predoctoral interns and externs (psychology doctoral students) with the following responsibilities:
- Individual supervision
- Supervision related to test scoring, interpretation, and report writing
- Report editing
- Train students on testing instruments
- Maintain a trauma informed and multiculturally sensitive environment of wellbeing.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Doctoral degree in psychology from an APA accredited program.
- Completion of APA approved internship with experience in assessment, specifically with pediatric Spanish-speaking populations.
- License or license eligible in the state of Colorado.
- Minimum of 2 years of bilingual assessment experience.
- Experience with SPMI and community mental health is preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
Why else might you want to consider working at WellPower?
- Named Top Workplace - we have been named a Top Workplace by the Denver Post for ten consecutive years
- Champion Social Justice Causes - we are committed to ending anti-Black racism in our community
- 9 Paid Holidays – including Juneteenth, Martin Luther King Jr. Day and more
- Robust Benefits Package – our benefits start at 30 hours per week and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, and a retirement match
- Employee Resource Groups – our ERG’s offer a chance to connect, address workplace challenges and get support from individuals who share similar characteristics or life experiences
- Gainsharing – we offer a bonus to employees if the organization meets certain requirements for the year
- $52,000/year minimum wage for all employees – we believe that our employees should earn a livable wage conducive to the cost of living in Denver, Colorado
- Free Licensure Supervision – for LCSWs/LPCs/LMFTs
- Sports Leagues – we offer a variety of activities for our employees, including bowling, dragon boat racing, volleyball leagues, and more
Tuberculosis (TB) screening, testing - TB screening and testing, is required and must be completed prior to hire ( i.e., preplacement), and maintained during employment