WellPower provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
WellPower values and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to ending bias and discrimination in our community and ensuring equity within all aspects of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Homebased Clinician position provides intensive in-home therapy to children and families experiencing a high level of mental health needs. Services will consist of individual therapy, family therapy, treatment with parents, and case management with a range of trauma-informed interventions. Case management services will include but is not limited to attending school meetings, resource development, etc. Responsibilities also include developing treatment plans and related documentation and collaboration with community partners. Licensed preferred.
Learn more about WellPower:
Pay Range & Benefits:
- Mental Health Therapist II (Master’s) - $27.61/hr
- LCSW/LPC/LMFT - $32.17/hr - $32.67/hr
- Spanish Bilingual/ $2.50 hr. differential.
WellPower is committed to fair and equitable hiring with salaries based on relevant factors, such as work experience, education, and certification/licensure (rather than wage history). Toward the principle of equal pay for equal work, we post and hire within defined hiring salary ranges. We ask all applicants to carefully review the hiring salary range for each posted job opportunity, as we will not hire outside the predetermined range.
All full-time, benefits eligible employees will be eligible for WellPower’s benefits plan. For a full description of benefit offerings, please visit: https://WellPower.org/workplace-of-choice/.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide intensive individual therapy, family therapy and crisis intervention in a home and community-based setting.
Collaborate with internal and external partners in support of the family’s case management needs. Provide advocacy when needed.
- Research, create and maintain community connections to minimize out of home placement and hospitalization.
- Develop short-term treatment plans, continually monitor treatment progress, and coordinate transitions to other services as needed.
- Stabilize acute conditions, family supports and environments to allow the child to benefit from and engage in other services.
- Develop community resources that support the client and family’s needs in the educational/legal domains that foster sustainable support and growth.
- Must function effectively in a highly autonomous role requiring accurate clinical judgments of mental health issues
- Maintain accurate and timely clinical records consistent with WellPower standards.
- Participate in team/WellPower meetings, in-service as well as relevant community meetings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Master’s Degree in psychology, social work, or other related human services degree, licensed as an LCSW, LPC or LMFT by the State of Colorado preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Knowledge, experience, and skill in clinical modalities used in family therapy. Experience with cross-agency collaboration, treating aggression, family conflict, parental depression/mental health issues, and trauma.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of methods of psychotherapy and community resources.
- Ability to assess crisis situations and intervene appropriately.
- Ability to work with a diverse population with cultural humility.
- Knowledge and understanding of trauma-informed care principles/practices.
- Familiarity with the DSM V and diagnostic techniques.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled at partnering with youth and collaterals to meet mental health needs.
- Can work autonomously.
- Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Assist with program supervision of students/volunteers as determined appropriate.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Ability to sit, stand, bend and reach, drive, operate standard office equipment such as phone, computer, facsimile, copier/printer, and other business machines. Occasional lifting up to 40 lbs.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans. Must understand people from all walks of life and be able to communicate effectively with them.
May require occasional evening, weekend or on-call hours. Some local travel depending on position.
Why else might you want to consider working at WellPower?
- Named Top Workplace - we have been named a Top Workplace by the Denver Post for ten consecutive years
- Champion Social Justice Causes - we are committed to ending anti-Black racism in our community
- 9 Paid Holidays – including Juneteenth, Martin Luther King Jr. Day and more
- Robust Benefits Package – our benefits start at 30 hours per week and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, and a retirement match
- Employee Resource Groups – our ERG’s offer a chance to connect, address workplace challenges and get support from individuals who share similar characteristics or life experiences
- Gainsharing – we offer a bonus to employees if the organization meets certain requirements for the year
- $52,000/year minimum wage for all employees – we believe that our employees should earn a livable wage conducive to the cost of living in Denver, Colorado
- Free Licensure Supervision – for LCSWs/LPCs/LMFTs
- Sports Leagues – we offer a variety of activities for our employees, including bowling, dragon boat racing, volleyball leagues, and more
Tuberculosis (TB) screening, testing - TB screening and testing, is required and must be completed prior to hire (i.e., preplacement), and maintained during employment.