Chief is changing the face of leadership. Our mission: build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Our members are VP and C-level executives across every industry who are leading their companies today and building a more equitable tomorrow. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series B stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, CapitalG, and other top-tier investors. The Chief network includes 12,000+ members from across the United States and United Kingdom. We are headquartered in New York City with additional Flagship spaces in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, and London.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.
About the Role:
Chief is hiring an Executive Assistant who will provide support to our two Co-founders. The Executive Assistant will provide a wide array of administrative, logistical and project-related support. The ideal candidate will be someone who is organized, professional, detail-oriented and has the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. This is a high-visibility role where you will have the opportunity to work with members in leadership positions and provide support that is critical to the company’s success. This position is based in New York City.
What you’ll do:
- Perform an extensive array of administrative tasks (manage calendars, scheduling, book travel)
- Manage multiple requests and priorities of the Founders while staying calm under pressure, exercising judgment, and seeing beyond the day-to-day to anticipate changing needs
- Manage calendars meticulously and thoughtfully, facilitating all meetings and calls, including video conferencing and team events
- Curate meeting agendas, materials and presentations
- Attend meetings, take notes, track action items
- Manage all travel and expenses
- Ad-hoc projects and an ability to prioritize effectively
What you’ve done and enjoy doing:
- Experience supporting one or more executives
- Advanced proficiency with Google suite of products (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Sheets, Slides) , Zoom and Slack
- Highly-organized and a meticulous attention to detail with complex calendar management experience
- Strong ability to and confidence in managing up
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience working in a startup environment a plus
- Expectation of discretion on dealing with confidential materials
- Assist with personal matters as needed
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy and 4.5 day work weeks
- 20 weeks of paid gender neutral parental leave
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Access to our ongoing virtual Chief member exclusive content, including workshops, thought leadership, and iconic speakers
- Wellness, Work from home and Learning Stipends available
While we’re committed to remaining compliant and adhering to mandates, for us, pay transparency is more than a consideration of what’s lawful and unlawful but rather, an opportunity to disclose what’s required, and what we think is a fair and equitable compensation framework.
At Chief, we want to hire, develop, and retain the best talent, making Chief a top destination to accelerate your career. Our compensation framework is a key part of our vision, and we continually revisit and invest in our philosophy and framework to ensure we remain competitive and relevant, on a quest to achieve our vision.
The pay transparency mandates, as well as our own policies and practices, are a means of narrowing the gender pay gap and fostering an engaged and positive working environment that builds trust, on our mission to change the face of leadership.
The base salary for this role is: $115,000.00