Chief is changing the face of leadership. Our mission: build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Our members are VP and C-level executives across every industry who are leading their companies today and building a more equitable tomorrow. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series B stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, CapitalG, and other top-tier investors. The Chief network includes 12,000+ members from across the United States and United Kingdom. We are headquartered in New York City with additional Flagship spaces in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, and London.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.
About the Role:
Chief is seeking an experienced Design leader to lead the product design teams responsible for Chief’s entire portfolio products, including Core and our suite of Community products. You will shape the design strategy and roadmap for our key products, identifying opportunities for us to improve member experience. You will be a key member of the Product & Tech leadership team and deeply focused on building and developing your team of product designers and content strategists. This role is critical to setting the strategic direction for our products and will report directly to the Chief Product Officer.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and coach a team of product and content designers across multiple Chief products and initiatives
- Build out the Chief design strategy and how it ladders into our overall product strategy
- Develop the process/approach for tackling a design problem, using known methods; anticipate problems; leverage facilitation skills to engage cross-functional teams
- Cultivate a healthy design process for the team and practices that give your team the tools, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently
- Serve as a key voice for our members, advocating for best-in-class user experiences
- Partner with our Product, UX Research, Engineering, and Data Science teams to define problems and goals, determine product strategy, and launch and iterate on products for our rapidly growing user base
- Be the key voice for design at Chief, and showcase deep impact through your designers' work
- Communicate design rationale, and use storytelling techniques, with partners and stakeholders
- Meet stakeholder commitments and be accountable for on-time delivery of designs for products & features
What you’ve done and enjoy doing:
- Experience leading large design teams with proven ability to hire and grow talent
- Extensive experience building well-loved products, ideally in a B2C context
- Experience driving design strategy and processes
- Experience operating in ambiguity with a proven track record of building products that have clear impact to the business
- Strong product intuition, showcasing deep user empathy in everything you do
- Demonstrated ability to help a team navigate loosely defined problems and complexity into a cohesive vision and strategy
- Proven track record in building collaborative partnerships across multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to influence and communicate cross-functionally and at all levels of the organization
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment and passionate about our vision to change the face of leadership
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy and 4.5 day work weeks
- 20 weeks of paid gender neutral parental leave
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Access to our ongoing virtual Chief member exclusive content, including workshops, thought leadership, and iconic speakers
- Wellness, Work from home and Learning Stipends available
While we’re committed to remaining compliant and adhering to mandates, for us, pay transparency is more than a consideration of what’s lawful and unlawful but rather, an opportunity to disclose what’s required, and what we think is a fair and equitable compensation framework.
At Chief, we want to hire, develop, and retain the best talent, making Chief a top destination to accelerate your career. Our compensation framework is a key part of our vision, and we continually revisit and invest in our philosophy and framework to ensure we remain competitive and relevant, on a quest to achieve our vision.
The pay transparency mandates, as well as our own policies and practices, are a means of narrowing the gender pay gap and fostering an engaged and positive working environment that builds trust, on our mission to change the face of leadership.
The base salary for this role is: $225k plus 15% bonus.