Chief is changing the face of leadership. Our mission: build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Our members are VP and C-level executives across every industry who are leading their companies today and building a more equitable tomorrow. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series B stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, CapitalG, and other top-tier investors. The Chief network includes 12,000+ members from across the United States and United Kingdom. We are headquartered in New York City with additional Flagship spaces in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, and London.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.
About the Role:
The Financial Systems Senior Associate will help scale our Finance organization and continuously improve our financial tech stack and financial management processes. You will ensure the functionality, integrity, and dependability for our financial tech stack. You will be responsible for partnering with cross-functional teams to define business requirements and design and implement modern financial management and system solutions, including supporting system change management activities. Reporting to the Financial Systems Manager, you will have an exciting opportunity to reimagine existing processes and make an impact for a high-growth and mission-driven company.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience supporting a Finance organization and has demonstrated a tendency to learn new technologies and improve processes. This person is a self-starter who is detail-oriented, collaborative, and a problem solver. If you are interested in continuing your career in an impactful and high growth company, this is the role for you!
What you’ll do:
- Support financial tech stack for the company’s Accounting, Strategic Finance, and Billing Operations teams
- Identify opportunities, define business requirements, design solutions, and implement changes to ensure operational excellence and improve the effectiveness of the team
- Assist in financial system architecture, administration, roles management, change management, integration, and functional support of applications such as NetSuite, ADP, BambooHR, Expensify, and Chargebee
- Collaborate with internal and external partners, product vendors, and consultants to implement business processes using best-in-class standards, procedures, and methodologies
- Partner with our Data and Engineering teams to QA and perform end-to-end testing of new features and functionality that have a financial impact
What you’ve done and enjoy doing:
- Relevant work experience supporting the Finance organization in system implementations, system change management, system integrations, reporting automations, and/or process improvements / reengineering
- Learning and knowledge sharing new technologies and best practices for a modernized Finance organization
- Strong financial acumen: you understand how operational and financial decisions impact the financial statements. You are knowledgeable in Finance business processes such as Order to Cash, Procurement, Payables, and Tax, as well as their interdependencies and how system solutions fit into the processes.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; able to move quickly and accurately
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; collaborative working style; able to build trusted relationships with all cross-functional business partners
- Self-starter, inquisitive nature, attention to detail, diligence, work ethic, a learning mindset, positive attitude, and willingness to embrace unstructured environments and challenges
- Ability to work independently, effectively handle multiple competing priorities and manage deadlines under pressure
Nice to Have:
- Experience with NetSuite, ADP, Chargebee, FP&A planning tools, Bill.com, and/or Expensify
- Experience with Analytic Process Automation tools (e.g., Alteryx, Power Query) and/or Robotic Process Automation tools (e.g., UiPath)
- Experience with front-end reporting tools (e.g., Looker)
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy and 4.5 day work weeks
- 20 weeks of paid gender neutral parental leave
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Access to our ongoing virtual Chief member exclusive content, including workshops, thought leadership, and iconic speakers
- Wellness, Work from home and Learning Stipends available
While we’re committed to remaining compliant and adhering to mandates, for us, pay transparency is more than a consideration of what’s lawful and unlawful but rather, an opportunity to disclose what’s required, and what we think is a fair and equitable compensation framework.
At Chief, we want to hire, develop, and retain the best talent, making Chief a top destination to accelerate your career. Our compensation framework is a key part of our vision, and we continually revisit and invest in our philosophy and framework to ensure we remain competitive and relevant, on a quest to achieve our vision.
The pay transparency mandates, as well as our own policies and practices, are a means of narrowing the gender pay gap and fostering an engaged and positive working environment that builds trust, on our mission to change the face of leadership.
The base salary for this role is: $110,000