Chief is changing the face of leadership. Our mission: build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Our members are VP and C-level executives across every industry who are leading their companies today and building a more equitable tomorrow. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series B stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, CapitalG, and other top-tier investors. The Chief network includes 12,000+ members from across the United States. We are headquartered in New York City with additional Flagship spaces in Los Angeles, Chicago, and, soon, San Francisco.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.
About the Role:
The Accounting Operations Specialist will help continue to grow our Finance department and work to manage and own our accounts payable, payroll, and operational cash processes as well as work with the accounting team on various ad-hoc projects. You will be the first line of communication with vendors on all payment-related questions as well as employees on all payroll-related matters. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, you will have an exciting opportunity to refine the processes and make an impact for a high-growth and mission-driven company.
The ideal candidate will have previous operational experience in an accounting or finance department. This person is a self-starter who is detail-oriented, collaborative, and a problem solver. If you are interested in continuing your career in an impactful and high growth company, this is the role for you!
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for the full cycle of accounts payable processing in in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with company policies;
- Maintain and organize the process of invoice booking: upload invoices into Bill.com, secure all necessary approvals and appropriate coding while meeting high standards of accuracy;
- Correspond with vendors for all account related needs including answering payment inquiries, resolving discrepancies, account set-up, etc.;
- Review and audit expense reporting for receipts and proper GL coding including for corporate credit card expenses;
- Manage and enforce the Company’s credit card and travel and expense reimbursement workflow;
- Manage end-to-end payroll processing for employees, including reviewing payroll registers for each pay cycle and provide approval to our third-party processors;
- Review and submit one-time adjustments and one-time payouts to our third-party processors to ensure employees are paid accurately and timely;
- Act as a subject matter expert for researching, troubleshooting, and resolving employee inquiries and payroll processing issues while applying best practices and ensuring long-standing solutions;
- Record daily cash transactions and ensure proper GL coding while ensuring our cash balance reconciles to our bank statements at month end;
- Participate in ad-hoc accounting and finance projects.
What you’ve done and enjoy doing:
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize tasks with a problem-solving attitude;
- Learning and embracing new technology and systems;
- An ability to work cross-functionally and collaborate with various teams in the organization;
- Experience with systems such as Bill.com, Expensify, NetSuite, ADP Workforce Now is a plus;
- Passion for the Company’s mission, positioning and brand -- to empower women in business and spark change from the top
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Experience as an early member of a startup team with exciting early traction
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Access to our ongoing virtual Chief member exclusive content, including workshops, thought leadership, and iconic speakers
- Wellness, Work from home and Learning Stipends
While we’re committed to remaining compliant and adhering to mandates, for us, pay transparency is more than a consideration of what’s lawful and unlawful but rather, an opportunity to disclose what’s required, and what we think is a fair and equitable compensation framework.
At Chief, we want to hire, develop, and retain the best talent, making Chief a top destination to accelerate your career. Our compensation framework is a key part of our vision, and we continually revisit and invest in our philosophy and framework to ensure we remain competitive and relevant, on a quest to achieve our vision.
The pay transparency mandates, as well as our own policies and practices, are a means of narrowing the gender pay gap and fostering an engaged and positive working environment that builds trust, on our mission to change the face of leadership.
The base salary for this role is: $80,000