Chief is changing the face of leadership. Our mission: build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Our members are VP and C-level executives across every industry who are leading their companies today and building a more equitable tomorrow. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series B stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, CapitalG, and other top-tier investors. The Chief network includes 12,000+ members from across the United States. We are headquartered in New York City with additional Flagship spaces in Los Angeles, Chicago, and, soon, San Francisco.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.
About the Role:
Chief is seeking an experienced data analyst to join our growing analytics team. This role will focus on supporting the strategic finance and accounting teams with data reporting, working closely with stakeholders to define metrics and automated reporting needs. You will also collaborate with analytics engineers on the team to ensure that the source data needed to support our strategic finance reporting needs is reliable and available for analysis. This role will have an impact on our ability to have essential data at our fingertips as Chief rapidly grows and evolves.
What you’ll do:
The area of focus for this role will vary based on the needs of the business, but are expected to align with this breakdown of activities:
- 20% Implement data models to support analysis
- 20% Define and document metrics and data descriptions
- 40% Create and maintain automated reporting workflows
- 20% Develop user interfaces (ala BI) for financial data analysis
What you’ve done and enjoy doing:
- SQL skills
- General familiarly with financial reporting / experience working with finance teams
- Foundational knowledge of basic finance and accounting concepts and financial statements
- Demonstrated ability to build automated reporting workflows
- Ability to work with stakeholders and curiosity about the business
- Eagerness to pitch in across the analytics spectrum, from data modeling to data visualization
You Get Bonus Points For:
- R or python programming skills
- Experience with Looker or other BI tools
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy and 4.5 day work weeks
- 20 weeks of paid gender neutral parental leave
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Access to our ongoing virtual Chief member exclusive content, including workshops, thought leadership, and iconic speakers
While we’re committed to remaining compliant and adhering to mandates, for us, pay transparency is more than a consideration of what’s lawful and unlawful but rather, an opportunity to disclose what’s required, and what we think is a fair and equitable compensation framework.
At Chief, we want to hire, develop, and retain the best talent, making Chief a top destination to accelerate your career. Our compensation framework is a key part of our vision, and we continually revisit and invest in our philosophy and framework to ensure we remain competitive and relevant, on a quest to achieve our vision.
The pay transparency mandates, as well as our own policies and practices, are a means of narrowing the gender pay gap and fostering an engaged and positive working environment that builds trust, on our mission to change the face of leadership.
The base salary for this role is: $150,000