Chief is on a mission to change the face of leadership. Launched in 2019, Chief provides senior executive women with a vetted community of peers, a trusted support system, and business critical insights to strengthen their leadership and magnify their influence. We have been named one of Fast Company's “Most Innovative Companies” — and you can read more about us in Inc. and Forbes.
Chief is a fast-growing, Series B stage start-up backed by CapitalG, General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures and other top-tier investors who believe in our vision to drive more women to the top and keep them there. We have members across the United States with flagship locations in NYC, LA, Chicago and SF.
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are in our DNA, guiding everything we do and how we work. Knowing that our people are the most important driver of our success, we focus on building teams where the power of diverse voices, identities, perspectives, and experiences is celebrated.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.
About the Role:
Chief is seeking an experienced Mobile Engineer. Our Chief mobile app is the cornerstone of our member experience and a primary mechanism in how our members engage with our platform. Our iOS & Android apps deliver a delightful experience to our members and help manage their activities and interactions within our social community.
You will partner closely with cross-functional partners, including Product and Design, to build new and innovative products & features. This role will play a crucial part in directing the technical design, implementation, build, and deployment of the expanding feature set as well as the functionality of the mobile apps.
- Collaborate with our product team to implement features that deliver a premium mobile experience for our members.
- Manage a modern development process from feature inception to production deployment.
- Work in multidisciplinary teams, including backend developers and web developers as well as cross-functional product partners
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience in IOS development using Swift
- Fluent in object-oriented design, industry standard methodologies, software patterns and architecture principles
- Experience using XCode and core IOS Frameworks
- Good understanding of memory management, network interaction, concurrency, and multi-threading
- Experience with performance profiling and optimization and debugging techniques on IOS.
- Strong UI experience using UIKit, Storyboard and Autolayout, SwiftUI also a plus.
- Experience with unit testing, test driven development, branching patterns and continuous integration / deployment
- Android Applications knowledge and Kotlin experience.
- Able to work with multiple scrum teams in an agile process.
- Able to reference some published applications you’ve worked on in the app store.
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that improves people's lives globally.
- Excellent communicator and collaborator; able to work effectively with both technical and non-technical teams.
You Get Bonus Points For:
- Experience working with CircleCI and test automation frameworks
- Having worked with GraphQL backends
- Google Firebase or AWS Amplify experience.
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy and 4.5 day work weeks
- 20 weeks of paid gender neutral parental leave
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Access to our ongoing virtual Chief member exclusive content, including workshops, thought leadership, and iconic speakers
- Wellness, Work from home and Learning Stipends