Chief is changing the face of leadership. Our mission: build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series A stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, and other top-tier investors. We have members across the United States (but not stopping there) with flagship locations in NYC, LA, Chicago and SF.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.
About the Role:
This role will be responsible for producing, managing and supporting a variety of Chief’s national virtual events and in person gatherings primarily at Chief’s Los Angeles Clubhouse (potentially in other cities). You will work closely with internal teams to deliver the best possible event experience to our members.
What you’ll do:
- Project manage end-to-end event processes to deliver high quality virtual and in-person events through the entire lifecycle of event planning, execution and post-event management including but not limited to; invitation creation, internal and external announcements, pre-event tasks (talent, talent bookers, A/V, catering, rentals, photographers, vendors, etc.), staffing support, reporting, managing event supplies, research and ordering, and production of all event elements.
- Work directly with and manage frequent stakeholder interactions in regard to event plans, projects, reporting, etc. with our internal events team (Sr. Manager Virtual Events, Sr. Manager Event Production, etc.), 3rd party Virtual Production Agency, Programming, Community, Marketing, and other key cross-functional counterparts.
- Responsible for the development and execution of event related marketing materials in coordination with our programming team, marketing team, and product team. Oversee build of event pages in our system and quality audit pages and emails before announcement sends.
- Work closely with the local Clubhouse teams to ensure local events are executed to our standards.
- Manages relationships with speakers and agencies to ensure that they are set-up for success on event day.
- Adheres to budget systems and guidelines for all events.
- Actively create, adjust, and refine best practice documents for the team.
- Provides accurate and timely reporting of key metrics and results.
- Uploads all edited audio and video to our website post-event.
- Ensures compliance of local laws/restrictions for events.
What you’ve done and enjoy doing:
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, with strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Strong event and project management expertise with experience running events from ideation through execution.
- Experience running virtual events on Zoom specifically in a webinar or meeting format is a must. Other platforms are a bonus.
- Creative thinker and problem solver—always looking beyond the available options when up against roadblocks.
- Strong experiential acumen—you know how to create and produce thoughtful, engaging events that deliver against strategic objectives and are tailored for the intended audience.
- Strong communication skills and ability to cross-functionally collaborate to execute projects, including with those who may be remote.
- You are never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking "how can we do this better?"
- You remain calm under pressure while having a great phone/web presence.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional organization and demonstrate team leadership skills
- Work with a "no task too big, no task too small” attitude
- Experience learning and navigating within a high-growth and fast paced environment
- Able to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 40 lbs
- Location Requirements
- Based in Los Angeles, California
- Open and willing to travel to San Francisco and other U.S. Cities
- You will have the ability to work remote, but this role will require you to be onsite for in-person events
- Willing to work flexible hours including early mornings and late evenings due to events schedule. Most of our events take place between 12 PM ET - 8 PM ET, so it may require some early mornings for virtual events.
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Experience as an early member of a startup team with exciting early traction
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Access to our ongoing virtual Chief member exclusive content, including workshops, thought leadership, and iconic speakers
- Wellness, Work from home and Learning Stipends