Chief is changing the face of leadership. Our mission: build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series A stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, and other top-tier investors. We have members across the United States (but not stopping there) with flagship locations in NYC, LA, Chicago and SF.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.
About the Role:
This role will be responsible for the overall production of our virtual events and have a deep understanding of technical requirements needed to facilitate impactful events, ability to recommend and continually develop our best practices to help our organization deliver the best possible experience to our members. You will work closely with our 3rd party contractor who produces these events by managing internal and external communications with our events team to identify each events moving parts to plan and execute the technical components accordingly. You will work closely with our internal events team, programming team, and liaise with our product team. This role will report directly to our Senior Director of Events & Programming.
What you’ll do:
- Project manage, produce, and lead 6-8 virtual conversations (interview style) & workshops (presentation style) per month. Develops and maintains full-scale, detailed project plans to be used in tracking key project milestones, and deliverables weekly, create cue sheets, attend and provide live technical support for these events, and show call when needed.
- Ensures the quality of events is up to the company’s standards and provides frontline support across multiple virtual events, ensuring issues are resolved in a timely matter and to company’s satisfaction
- Manage our relationship and production partnership with our 3rd party virtual production contractor. While there may be some events that will be run autonomously by this role, the majority of our conversations and workshops are run by this vendor.
- Lead development on creative solutions for virtual experiences, including but not limited to; audience/attendee engagement, networking, and overall experience to create added value for members.
- Effectively communicate and identify critical paths and dependencies, virtual technology process, workflow issues, improvements and updates to the team and cross-functional counterparts especially our Events and Product team as well as our 3rd Party Virtual Production Agency
- Maintain proper knowledge of software and technology used while suggesting event process and workflow improvements and ensure that any future platforms integrate and are compatible with Chief’s systems
- Manage logistics and delivery of real-time and on-demand event solutions (including conversations, webinars, and community events)
- Manage scheduling of rehearsal/run-through for the event, making recommendations on flow, and format best practices
- Lead pre-production calls, ensure that the most efficient and effective technology/platforms and processes are used to deliver the best virtual events and conferences for the association.Advise speakers on audio & video technical troubleshooting
- Writes post-mortems following events to help continue to improve our virtual events.
What you’ve done and enjoy doing:
- Demonstrated experience producing, managing, and/or implementing virtual/digital events and conferences and best practices
- Advanced knowledge and experience in all facets of high-level live virtual event/conference production; conceptualize and design, budget, and show call
- Strong project management skills to help lead production in a fast paced environment
- Strong technical skills; ability to get up to speed on emerging technologies quickly
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Zoom and its capabilities and the ability to adapt, learn, and be creative within its limitations. Broad firsthand familiarity with many different platforms and integrations.
- Familiarity with audio and video production, various types of display systems/platforms, video conferencing, and graphics in Google Slides/Powerpoint/Keynote/Prezi
- Familiarity with different Audio and Video terminology, technology and needs to help assist and troubleshoot issues with speakers and other parties
- Basic understanding of general IT troubleshooting
- Ability to work flexible hours based on your time zone depending on the time of our events. Majority of our events are based on Eastern Time (ET), but we will occasionally have events that are early evening Pacific Time (PT).
- Stellar communication skills and the ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure while having a great phone/web presence
- Work with a "no task too big, no task too small” attitude
- Experience learning and navigating within a high-growth and fast paced environment
- Comfortable working remotely and managing time and personal workflow efficiently
- Ability to edit video and audio recordings is a plus
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Experience as an early member of a startup team with exciting early traction
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Access to our ongoing virtual Chief member exclusive content, including workshops, thought leadership, and iconic speakers
- Wellness, Work from home and Learning Stipends