Chief’s mission is to build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Our members are VP and C-level executives across every industry who are leading their companies today and building a more equitable tomorrow. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series A stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, and other top-tier investors. We’re headquartered in New York City, with membership open in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Boston, Washington, DC, and Miami. Our flagship locations are in NYC, LA, and Chicago.
About the Role:
Chief is looking for an experienced Brand & Marketing Designer. In this role, you will work directly with our Marketing team to bring our brand and mission to life visually. You will also partner closely with the Product & Design team to ensure we are building with a user-centric, product-first mindset. You will be responsible for creating digital and physical marketing materials that help our members and the world know what Chief is and what we stand for. You will act as the “voice” of the brand and push our design aesthetic and ensure brand cohesion across all consumer touch points.
- Extend brand guidelines and collaborate with Product Design to update the design system. This includes: Maintaining visual identity platforms, systems, typography, palette, illustration, photography and iconography systems.
- Concept, prototype and execute brand and marketing experiences in alignment with brand guidelines.
- Clearly articulate strategic thinking and design decisions to partners to gain buy-in (including Marketing, Sales, Product, and Design teams).
- Ideate and execute the UI of landing pages and emails.
- Ideate In-App, Web and Social visual concepts and refine design work in collaboration with a broader marketing team.
- Plan and execute A/B testing for landing pages and emails.
- Work on product and print assets such as physical experiences and OOH (Out of Home Advertising).
- Collaborate on creative projects and new marketing initiatives
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with product, advertising, branding or communication design
- A well-documented portfolio that demonstrates product, branding, communication design experience
- Experience launching campaigns and driving projects independently.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and projects and effectively manage your time
- Ability to work independently, keeping project timelines on track and showing process
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with Figma, and/or other prototyping tools
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with iOS, Android and WWW design
- Passion for the Company’s mission, positioning, and brand
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Nice to haves:
- Experience in Startups
- Experience with Webflow
- Experience with Braze/mailchimp/klaviyo
- Basic 3D experience (Cinema4D, Blender, Maya, etc)
- Motion/Animation experience
Why You'll Want to Work at Chief:
- Competitive base salary
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Experience as an early member of a startup team with exciting early traction
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry