Chief’s mission is to build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Our members are VP and C-level executives across every industry who are leading their companies today and building a more equitable tomorrow. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series A stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, and other top-tier investors. We’re headquartered in New York City, with membership open in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Boston, and Washington, DC. Our flagship locations are in NYC, LA, and Chicago.
About the Role:
Chief is looking for a sales enablement manager to provide content, training, best practices, tools, and analysis in support of our membership team throughout the member’s journey. This includes working collaboratively with membership, marketing, and other key stakeholders to increase the membership team’s results and productivity.
This role will be focused on ensuring the member’s experience is in line with our brand and experience goals from the moment they interact with us as a potential member through to them getting accepted. A great candidate will have experience and understanding the mechanics of a sales process and team, but be steeped in messaging, brand, and marketing to ensure a cohesive experience for the member. Ideally, you also have experience with the expectations and needs of an executive and/or premium brand, and a desire to drive women and underrepresented groups into more positions of power.
You will work across both the membership and marketing teams, supported by those from creative, operations, and analytics functions.
- Own the membership journey experience - from the moment they express interest in Chief through when they become an accepted member
- Create and update external collateral that speaks to the brand and experience members will receive: sales decks, landing pages, partnership decks
- Manager the internal process and provide playbooks, trainings, and documentation to ensure cohesive messaging across the membership team and members’ experience for both our individual and enterprise-level memberships
- Create mid-funnel nurture strategies to keep potential members apprised of the status of their application, update them on news about the organization, and revisit the waitlist as people progress in their careers
- Evaluate data to determine the effectiveness of existing processes and adjust to meet internal goals
- Expand our existing processes to consider multiple audience segmentations
- Understand and evaluate our technical requirements for software and systems that would improve the membership interview experience
- Work with the marketing team through the entire member journey, from awareness through member experience to ensure consistency and member expectations all align with the Chief brand
What We’re Looking For:
- 4-8+ years of experience in sales enablement, in marketing partnering closely with a sales organization, or in a sales organization directly
- Experience with protecting and championing a high-end brand and audience and aligning expectations with the on-the-ground experience of a product or service
- A portfolio of materials (i.e. collateral, emails, landing pages, etc) that show an understanding of the brand and have proven to increase conversions and messaging effectiveness
- Experience with software typically found in a sales and marketing organization: Salesloft, Marketing Automation, CMS, Looker, Salesforce (or equivalents)
- A track record of creating processes, and then measuring their success (and iterating on these based on data)
- Ability and desire to build relationships with and communicate across multiple stakeholders, including membership, marketing, product, and executives
- Highly organized, able to effectively prioritize in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to build and maintain effective cross functional and partner relationships
- Interest in Chief’s mission of changing the face of leadership and promoting women into positions of power
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive base salary
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Experience as an early member of a startup team with exciting early traction
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry