Chief’s mission is to build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Our members are VP and C-level executives across every industry who are leading their companies today and building a more equitable tomorrow. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series A stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, and other top-tier investors. We’re headquartered in New York City, with membership open in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Boston, and Washington, DC. Our flagship locations are in NYC, LA, and Chicago.
About the Role:
Chief is looking for a Marketing Lead to own development, launch, management, and reporting for our member marketing programs/campaigns. This role will be accountable for program and campaign strategies that generate new membership interest and applications that match our highly selective qualifications of VP and C level executives.
The ideal candidate will have deep experience across multiple acquisition channels — particularly on LinkedIn and with creating and optimizing landing pages — and other paid social media. A background in high-end membership business models is preferred.
You should have experience working and managing external agencies, partnering with creative teams, and owning reporting and optimization. You should have a track record of high ROI, low CAC campaigns, of hitting the ideal ICP without excess spend, and strategies that play the long game of happy customers, not short-term conversions.
- Lead development, launch, management, and reporting for new member awareness and acquisition campaigns
- Own conversion metrics and improvements throughout the funnel, optimizing across external platforms, retargeting campaigns, landing pages, and email campaigns.
- Create experiments to test into and successfully expand acquisition channels
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders such as membership, brand, programming, creative services, and marketing operations teams to produce effective communications, relevant messaging, targeted audiences, new channels, and successful strategies.
- Manage external agencies, evaluate their performance, and create RFP for any new agencies or external partners relationships
- Deeply understand the Chief member qualifications, and the segments within the Chief audience, accurately identify these segments for list creation and specific communication touches.
- Track, report, analyze and interpret performance metrics
- Project/program manage by creating/owning a milestone timeline for deliverables, matrix managing stakeholders to support the project/program as needed, reach milestones, and deliver as expected or, explain risks/new developments as they come up
What we’re looking for:
- 6-8+ years of experience in a similar role in digital, growth, and/or performance marketing strongly preferred
- Experience with multi-million dollar performance and paid budgets
- A portfolio of campaigns that showed measurable results at 2-3x previous performance
- Deep knowledge of the systems and analytics behind performance campaigns, experience working with an analytics and data team a plus
- A track record of creating processes, and then measuring their success (and iterating on these based on data)
- Highly organized, able to effectively prioritize in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to build and maintain effective cross functional and partner relationships
- Experience with luxury or household brand names preferred
- Interest in Chief’s mission of changing the face of leadership and promoting women into positions of power
- Open to remote working within the United States
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive base salary
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Experience as an early member of a startup team with exciting early traction
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry