Chief’s mission is to build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Our members are VP and C-level executives across every industry who are leading their companies today and building a more equitable tomorrow. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series A stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, and other top-tier investors. We’re headquartered in New York City, with membership open in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Boston, and Washington, DC. Our flagship locations are in NYC, LA, and Chicago.
About the Role:
Chief is looking for an experienced strategic Program Manager to help support key leadership stakeholders on our Guides team. Chief’s Executive Coaches, called Guides, are a critical component of our flagship service - Core. Core is a service for members to meet with a group of 10-12 peers to work through their deepest professional challenges and build a personal board of advisors. Our Guides are critical to the success of the service, and the member experience at-large.
You will oversee special projects and initiatives that scale and support our amazing community of ~300 Guides. You will collaborate most directly with the Head of Guide Experience, Product teams, and the Guide Operations team. You will scope, plan, analyze, and lead strategic initiatives related to growth, capacity planning, scalable communications, technology/product enhancements, operational processes, new events, and more.
You will excel in this role if you have a bias towards action and love to solve ambiguous problems related to how to make things work better. You have the creativity to rethink the behind-the-scenes business operations, the business acumen to build for operational and cost efficiency, and the passion to solve hard problems. You are an independent leader, influencer, and know how to build and pitch a business case across all different stakeholder audiences including senior leadership.
- Support the Head of Guide Experience by leading various strategic projects from planning to implementation to assessment, including requirements gathering, building a timeline, managing resources, coordinating pilots, change management, and integration into day-to-day work.
- Help scale the Guide Program operations as Chief grows exponentially in number of Core Groups and Guides across the U.S., partnering with cross-disciplinary stakeholders across the organization.
- Own the data collection and analysis of key Guide Program initiatives, focusing on iteration and ongoing improvement.
- Standardizes, simplifies, and improves efficiencies and effectiveness of Guide Program operations and experience, leading key initiatives to drive success and excellence.
- Oversee change management for various projects, championing alignment, detailed process documentation, and empathy for various stakeholders.
- Conduct needs analysis focused on understanding business requirements and organizational environment to determine critical competencies, systems, processes, and programs needed across Chief for Core to thrive.
- Attend and lead meetings on the Head of Guide Experience’s behalf, ensuring cross-disciplinary stakeholders and resources are prepared, aligned, on track, and updated on strategic projects.
- Proactively seeks out opportunities to build capability and identifies where development and focus can drive improved business outcomes.
What We're Looking For:
- 6-8 years of work experience, ideally in service-oriented project or program management roles.
- Startup experience required.
- High-energy, adaptable, and excited to learn and roll up your sleeves in a startup environment.
- Interest in leadership development, executive coaching, or professional growth programs.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Operates well in a fast-paced, often-ambiguous environment.
- Excellent organization and follow-through skills.
- A creative problem-solver with a solution-oriented service mindset.
- Comfort diving right in to big data sets, looking for patterns and emerging trends that impact the business.
- Deep Excel experience, savvy creating compelling slide decks, and is a detailed listener even when things move fast.
- Skilled in partnering with product or technology teams to identify, prioritize, and build solutions that enable scale to a large group of stakeholders.
- Proven planning and operations expertise with EQ — you know how to drive programs forward while developing relationships and communicating effectively with your stakeholders
- Self-starter by nature; comfortable working independently, updating senior stakeholders as needed.
- Experience overseeing global and/or widespread remote teams and individuals.
- Good judgement, particularly with confidential company information.
- As this is a newly created role, you will play a key role in defining, modeling, and scaling the role to be structurally and operationally sound.
- Required: BA/BS, Salesforce experience
You Get Bonus Points for:
- Experience with high-touch, white-glove, high-quality customer service.
- Customer experience journey understanding.
- Interpersonal savvy. Approachable, communicates effectively, instills trust, checks ego.
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive base salary
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Support the supporters: our Guides play such a critical role in the larger Chief Community.
- Help thousands of Executive and C-Suite women achieve success and change the face of leadership.
- Being part of Chief’s rocketship (with membership growth across the US and our team also growing, there are great opportunities for advancement)
- Huge learning & professional growth opportunities (access to exclusive events, professional development, workshops, and so much more)
- Being part of a high-performance, energetic, yet still close-knit culture of advocacy and support.