Chief’s mission is to build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Our members are VP and C-level executives across every industry who are leading their companies today and building a more equitable tomorrow. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series A stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, and other top-tier investors. We’re headquartered in New York City, with membership open in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Boston, and Washington, DC. Our flagship locations are in NYC, LA, and Chicago.
About the Role:
Chief is looking for an experienced Community Manager to help support our growing team of ~300 Guides, Chief’s Executive Coaches. You will oversee the day-to-day engagement, maintenance, and support of our amazing community of Guides. You will collaborate most directly with Project Directors, Product and Content teams, and the Guide Operations team. You will lead initiatives related to communications, training, events, performance management, hiring and retention, and quality assurance.
- Motivate, inspire, and maintain a positive work culture for both Guides and cross-disciplinary Chief Guides team.
- Develop relationships with Guides to nurture an engaging and connected Community.
- Co-create solutions for cross-disciplinary initiatives, focusing on Guide engagement and communications. Examples include a new Learning Management System launch, creating and launching a Guide “Buddy” program, and designing and planning for a yearly Guide Summit.
- Play a key role in managing the recruitment, contracting, onboarding, Guide matching, and other processes for established and new markets.
- Swiftly act on time-sensitive issues that may arise from Guides and collaborate in our issue escalation processes as needed.
- Be the voice of Guides by collecting feedback, ideas, and opportunities for improvement.
- Collect, track, analyze, and report on data-based emerging themes in the Guide Community.
- Create clear and consistent processes for disseminating and upholding performance standards for our Guides.
- Support leaders in Guide performance management decisions as needed.
- Lead change management and compliance efforts, such as adoption of new processes and protocols in the Guide Community.
- As this is a newly created role, you will play a key role in defining, modeling, and scaling the role to be structurally and operationally sound.
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in project management, communications, or service-oriented administrative roles.
- “People-person” who thrives off connecting, empowering, and supporting individuals in a Community.
- Champion of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging efforts in all types of workstreams.
- Experience overseeing global and/or widespread remote teams.
- Knowledge and expertise in community development, including knowledge sharing, relationship development, learning and development, and communications individually and at scale.
- Proven success implementing initiatives (day-to-day and longer-term) with cross-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Operates well in fast-paced, often-ambiguous environment.
- Excellent follow-through skills, ensuring all emerging issues have proper resolution.
- A creative problem-solver with a solution-oriented service mindset.
- Comfortable, confident, and quick in making decisions that impact a large team.
- Good judgement on when to escalate issues and decisions that may need more strategic/leadership input.
You Get Bonus Points for:
- Experience with high-touch, white-glove, high-quality customer service.
- Interpersonal savvy. Encourages others to ask questions, voice concerns, and generate ideas. Approachable, communicates effectively, instills trust, checks ego.
- Handles sensitive and high stress situations with grace and understanding.
- Experience with, or deep interest in, Executive coaching and/or leadership development.
- Preferably local to the NYC or Chicago area, or Remote Eligible (US Based)
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive base salary
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Support the supporters: our Guides play such a critical role in the larger Chief Community.
- Help thousands of Executive and C-Suite women achieve success and change the face of leadership.
- Being part of Chief’s rocketship (with membership growth across the US and our team also growing, there are great opportunities for advancement)
- Huge learning & professional growth opportunities (access to exclusive events, professional development, workshops, and so much more)
- Being part of a high-performance, energetic, yet still close-knit culture of advocacy and support.