Chief’s mission is to build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Our members are VP and C-level executives across every industry who are leading their companies today and building a more equitable tomorrow. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series A stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, and other top-tier investors. We’re headquartered in New York City, with membership open in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Boston, and Washington, DC. Our flagship locations are in NYC, LA, and Chicago.
You are excited to represent Chief to a wide variety of candidates across levels of seniority and thrive in a multi-functional role in innovative environments, solving key issues enabling recruiting functions to thrive and aiding in finding and empowering top talent. You have strong analytical and time/project management skills. You are a confident self-starter and a results-oriented individual excited by the mission that you apply your skills towards.
About the role:
As the Business Recruiter, you will be the leading partner to heads of our Operations, Marketing/Brand, People and General & Administrative teams working alongside them to perfect processes and attract top talent. You bring the ability to understand how to match talent to the most relevant opportunities, assess candidates’ skills, weaknesses, and potential for growth. To succeed at Chief you must be able to thrive in a dynamic and developing environment, work closely with multiple high-level stakeholders, and manage a high volume of open roles at once.
- Sourcing and Outreach: Proactively identify, recruit and hire talent through the use of LinkedIn, Networking, sourcing referrals, boolean searches, etc.
- Full Cycle Recruitment: Manage 360 degrees of the recruitment pipeline - from profile ideation, outreach, screening, through to offer and close.
- Stakeholder Management: Continuously work with Hiring Managers to align on core competencies of all open roles and how to measure them accurately and effectively. Proactively guide internal stakeholders towards best hiring practices.
- Candidate Management: Strive for exemplary service to all candidates, providing for the highest level candidate experience. Advise and guide hiring managers to properly manage candidates through the pipeline in a timely manner.
- Applicant Tracking System Management: Actively identify talent currently within our database. Maintain meticulous data within Greenhouse. Properly manage prospects and guide hiring managers through proper systems use and internal system communication.
- Network and Referral Management: Identify opportunities to further develop and tap into current Chief’s social and professional networks. Develop and coordinate events that draw potential talent to the Chief brand both online and in-person.
- Understand and Use Data: Tell stories with data to ensure Hiring Managers understand your process and approach. Utilize data to allow for a clear understanding of your efforts.
- Agility: Ability to take on other types of roles or other People team responsibilities as needed
- 4+ years of recruitment experience in either full cycle corporate recruitment experience or agency experience
- Experience recruiting for a start-up using Greenhouse preferred but not required
- Experience actively sourcing and attracting talent across various platforms (such as LinkedIn, social media, networking and others)
- Meticulous attention to detail and organization
- Proven senior level relationship management skills as well as the ability to manage up and influence without authority
- Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel in a complex and developing organization
- Preference for this role will be to be located in NYC but open to other US based locations
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive base salary
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Experience as an early member of a startup team with exciting early traction
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry