Chief’s mission is to build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Our members are VP and C-level executives across every industry who are leading their companies today and building a more equitable tomorrow. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series A stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, and other top-tier investors. We’re headquartered in New York City, with membership open in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Boston, and Washington, DC. Our flagship locations are in NYC, LA, and Chicago.
About the Role:
The Community Manager role at Chief is instrumental as we continue to build and support our community of Chief members across New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Boston, and Washington, DC. The ideal candidate has a strong passion for community and human connection, and is a natural connector and relationship builder.
This role will report into the Head of Events & Programming and be part of the Community team within the Events & Programming team. This role will be responsible for programming and developing virtual community events and community strategy at large across all Chief cities in partnership with the Community team and will also be responsible for owning in-person community programming in Los Angeles.
- Ideate, develop, and manage community meetups and strategy across all Chief markets with the end goal of fostering relationships across key community segments and catalyzing these groups
- Plan and lead frequent community events of all sizes, including happy hours, meetups, roundtable discussions, and virtual community conversations.
- Partner with member organizers across our diverse community and help catalyze their organizing efforts
- Develop a programming playbook for virtual and local in-person gatherings for hosts, attendees, and producers to facilitate high-value events
- Own the inception and ongoing support of our Member Resource Groups across the Chief network catering to various industries, roles, identity groups, and interests
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Chief members across the community.
- Partner with internal stakeholders across marketing, product, and member experience to create pre-event marketing materials, develop in-app tools and resources, and ensure overall member satisfaction and retention.
- Work closely with our Events Managers who oversee our event production and logistics to ensure that the programming is accurately represented at events.
What We're Looking For:
- 3-5+ years experience in community engagement, program management, events and partnerships with a background in community organizing and relationship building.
- 2+ years of experience in in-person or virtual event production
- Deep understanding of and passion for Chief’s mission and existing community and the passion to help grow and further this as we grow
- Research, organizational skills and extraordinary relationship building skills
- Willing to work flexible hours including early mornings and late evenings due to a busy events schedule
- You are no stranger to deep research spirals on Wikipedia, YouTube, podcasts, blogs, and more.
- Curious, with a pulse on culture, brands, and trends in events
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, with strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Self-motivated, strategic creative worker with a drive for executional excellence
- Creative thinker and problem solver—always looking beyond the available options when up against roadblocks
- Strong communication skills and ability to cross-functionally collaborate to execute projects, including with those who may be remote
- Work with a "no task too big, no task too small” attitude
- You are never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking "how can we do this better?"
- Ability to work in a cross-functional organization and demonstrate team leadership skills
- Experience learning and navigating within a high-growth and fast paced environment
- Able to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 40lbs
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite Products is a must
- Knowledge of Zoom, Airtable, Slack, Salesforce, and Notion are a plus
- Bachelor’s degree hospitality, tourism management, communications, or related industries are a plus but not required
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive base salary
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Experience as an early member of a startup team with exciting early traction
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Current: Remote, Future: Headquarters in our beautiful West Hollywood Clubhouse location