Chief’s mission is to build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting female leaders. With members who are at the C-Level or are rising VP’s, Chief is the only organization designed for women seated at the table. Read about us in Fortune, Fast Company, and CNN. Launched in early 2019, Chief is headquartered in New York City and backed by Primary Ventures, Flybridge Capital, and other top-tier investors.
About the Role:
Chief seeks to deliver a premium experience analysis and application of interactions within the Chief community and events. We are looking to hire an experienced data engineer to plan, implement, and manage a data collection, transformation, and reporting infrastructure. If you’re passionate about building a data pipeline and data models, and you are motivated to make an impact in creating a robust and scalable dwh and dashboards, come join us.
At Chief, data sits in the center of our business, providing insights into the effectiveness of our in-person events and digital platform. We believe data brings everything together and allows us to tailor custom experiences to each of our VIP members.
We're looking for a passionate Senior Data Engineer with extensive experience in designing, implementing and delivering data solutions. You will be responsible for working with data stakeholders (business, product, and analysts) to design and build data warehouse dashboards, models, data pipelines and ETLs that efficiently deliver actionable insights.
- Plan, implement, and manage a data pipeline to collect and transform multiple data sources from online, SaaS partners, and internal systems.
- You will build and maintain a high-performance, fault-tolerant, secure, and scalable data pipeline
- You will partner with architects and business leaders to design and build data models and reports that bring meaningful and actionable insights
- Thinking through long-term impacts of key business decisions
- Building self-service data models to power our customers
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong communication skills, empathy, and initiative
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering
- Experience with building data pipeline including data acquisition
- Strong background in data warehouse concept and design
- Strong analytical skills
- Expert-level experience in SQL
- Strong background in MPP and columnar databases (redshift, snowflake…)
- Familiar with at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash)
- Experience working closely with Analytics/Data Science teams
- Experience with modern BI tools (Looker, Tableau, etc)
Why You’ll Want to Work with Chief:
- Competitive base salary
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages
- Experience as an early member of a startup team with exciting early traction
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Headquartered in beautiful Tribeca loft