About the Role
Chicory is hiring a Senior Account Executive to join our growing team! The Senior Account Executive will directly contribute to the growth of the business through the acquisition of new CPG accounts. They will manage all aspects of the sales process from cold-calling to pipeline management, forecasting, closing deals and signing IOs. The ideal candidate is passionate, consultative, and intellectually curious and has experience selling digital media solutions to CPG companies.
- Prospect clients, pitch new business, and generate sales
- Hit or exceed monthly/quarterly sales targets
- Create long-lasting relationships with agencies and clients
- Work alongside other senior sellers to close deals
- Collaborate with other departments including Marketing, Account Management, Analytics & Insights and Product to drive client satisfaction, growth, and long-term partnerships
- Bring ideas and client needs back to Product and Engineering teams to help shape our product roadmap and meet evolving client needs
- 5+ years of experience in digital/online media sales
- Must have extensive connections across the CPG digital media space
- Ability to understand complex technologies and convey it in an easy-to-understand manner
- Ability to ideate a detailed sales strategy (setting targets for emails, cold calls, leads generated, etc.)
- Experience negotiating, structuring, and closing complex, six-figure insertion orders
- Have a good understanding of and experience with selling digital media campaigns
- Demonstrated success in delivering against sales goals
- Comprehensive understanding of digital advertising
- Ability to maintain own work-flow and meet deadlines
- Ability to build and manage pipeline and forecast accurately
- Experience in account management and creating client presentations
Benefits & Perks
Focus on your health and wellbeing:
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits, including dental + vision plans
- Flexible vacation and paid time off in addition to 12 paid holidays
- Employer-paid membership to One Medical
- Fitness discounts through ClassPass
Creating a culture in which you can thrive:
- Flexible remote and hybrid work style arrangements
- Fun and friendly office in NYC stocked with free snacks
- Team outings and fun activities with our amazing team members
- Dog-friendly workplace
Supporting you financially:
- Competitive compensation package, including base salary + stock options
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) + Health Spending Account (HSA)
- Commuter benefits
- 401k retirement plan
Operate with Empathy: At Chicory, rather than trying to walk a mile in someone’s shoes, we ask, “what do your shoes feel like today?” We actively put aside assumptions and judgments, and work to make space for all points of view.
Embrace Individuality: At Chicory, we know that we are strongest when every person is valued, respected, and treated with dignity. We have confidence in the abilities of others and provide the context, support, and resources for everyone to find success as their most authentic self.
All Hands on Deck: Every person has a role to play in getting us to our destination, and every role is just as crucial as the next. We show up every day with conviction that our work matters and enthusiasm for how we can contribute. We are best when everyone exercises their expertise alongside one another to keep the ship on course!
THINK: Thoughtfulness is at our core because we know that when we ponder, we gain clarity. We show up more wholly for our work when we believe in the choices we make, as individuals and as a team.
Make Chicory Fun!: We don’t only like to have fun with one another, but we consider our playful spirit a competitive advantage. Through laughter and spontaneity, we build better relationships and find the smartest solutions.
Be Good People: We bring the best out of each other by being good to each other. We operate with empathy, respect and integrity. We balance confidence with humility. We believe we can build a great company and have fun doing it.
Seek to Understand: Leaders seek first to understand, then to be understood. Instead of demanding things of others, or throwing orders around, we ask probing questions to understand where others are coming from. Leaders are collaborative and strive to solve problems together.
Own It: Leaders are owners. They take full responsibility for their areas of the business. They actively seek out ways to make improvements and create efficiencies. They catch and fix issues before they are pointed out to them. They don’t take the role of bystander. They take pride in the work that they do.
Bias for Action: Time will always be the limiting factor and indecision stifles progress. Most decisions are reversible. Leaders act today instead of waiting until tomorrow. The biggest mistake we can make is to be afraid of making mistakes.
Separate Your Ego From Your Position: Great leaders actively seek out reality and are willing to change their stance. They promote positive conflict and let the best decisions come to light, even if it may cause them pain. They can admit when they are wrong and commit wholeheartedly to decisions once they are made. They fight for the greater good of the company, not themselves.
Hold High Standards: The quality of products, services and processes determines the speed at which we can operate. Leaders set high standards for themselves and their teams. They hold these standards with conviction and actively communicate when they are not being met.
Have a Beginner’s Mind: Just because something has been done a certain way doesn’t mean it’s the best way. We actively take moments out of our day to reflect on the past, present and future. This allows us to look at each challenge with a fresh perspective and welcome viewpoints that challenge the status quo.
Be Deliberate: Great leaders are intentional with their words and actions. We are direct. We avoid overcomplication. We strive to accomplish more with less.