Chicory is an NYC-based tech firm and the leading digital shopper marketing platform for CPG and grocery brands. Its signature “Get Ingredients” button can be found on over 1,500 recipe websites, including Taste of Home, Delish, Betty Crocker, and thousands of influencer food blogs. Leveraging its extensive recipe network, Chicory partners with leading CPG brands like General Mills and grocery retailers like Wakefern to serve hyper-relevant ads to consumers in the moments when they’re planning their grocery purchases. As the pioneer of shoppable recipes and the expert in contextual commerce, Chicory creates the digital tools to take grocery shoppers from inspiration to checkout in a few clicks.
We are looking for dedicated out-of-the-box thinkers to help us continue to innovate in the shopper marketing space. We believe in bringing your whole self to work; everyone on our team adds something unique but we all value empathy, collaboration, a willingness to learn, and the desire to truly have an impact on our fast-paced and fast-growing company.
About This Role
Chicory is seeking a Director of People to join our team and support our rapid employee growth, success, and satisfaction. You will maintain and cultivate our diverse and inclusive people-first culture and ensure that our employees grow both professionally and personally. This highly visible role reports to the CEO and partners with department leaders to help build, organize, and support their teams. You will be responsible for all things HR, from optimizing talent acquisition and rewards and recognition to making sure that we’re compliant with federal and local laws and navigating any people issues that may arise. Growth typically comes with a range of fun and meaningful challenges, and you will tackle them with passion and excitement.
- Oversee all HR (Talent Acquisition, People Ops, Business Partnership, and L&D)
- Identify needs in the business and develop the people/talent programs, policies, processes, and workflows as we double our headcount
- Drive the implementation of our newly developed Chicory Values across all of our employee lifecycle tools and resources
- Develop employee onboarding process that reinforces company culture, business and performance expectations
- Develop and lead the employee performance management process to drive a culture of feedback and learning
- Lead the strategy and processes to develop and grow our people, both individually and as teams
- Stay up to date with latest compensation data / trends and provide recommendations for total rewards strategy
- Maintain and update Employee Handbook and ensure organization awareness
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Leadership and other key stakeholders to identify areas of improvement and implement changes to increase efficiency
- Manage and build the People Team, mentoring and growing your team members across recruiting, people operations, and HR business partnership
- 10+ years of HR / People Operations experience at an early to mid-sized startup
- Deep knowledge of all areas of HR, ranging from compliance, recruitment, compensation, and benefits to employee relations, performance management, HR business partnership, and training
- Ability to communicate effectively to all stakeholders and to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment
- Passionate about putting people and culture at the center of the company’s strategy
- Operate with Empathy: At Chicory, rather than trying to walk a mile in someone’s shoes, we ask, “what do your shoes feel like today?” We actively put aside assumptions and judgments, and work to make space for all points of view. We take care of each other.
- Embrace Individuality: At Chicory, we know that we are strongest when every person is valued, respected, and treated with dignity. We have confidence in the abilities of others and provide the context, support, and resources for everyone to find success as their most authentic self.
- All Hands on Deck: Every person has a role to play in getting us to our destination, and every role is just as crucial as the next. We show up every day with conviction that our work matters and enthusiasm for how we can contribute. We are best when everyone exercises their expertise alongside one another to keep the ship on course!
- THINK: Thoughtfulness is at our core because we know that when we ponder, we gain clarity. We show up more wholly for our work when we believe in the choices we make, as individuals and as a team.
- Make Chicory Fun!: We don’t only like to have fun with one another, but we consider our playful spirit a competitive advantage. Through laughter and spontaneity, we build better relationships and find the smartest solutions.