Lead Software Engineer
- Join a small team of engineers to build a highly sought-after product in the B2B / Enterprise space
- Join a company that exemplifies authenticity, community, and connection from our Headquarters in San Francisco
- Work across the entire stack including: Python/Django, VueJS, Postgres DB, Deployed on Heroku
Who We Are
At Chewse, our goal is to put food on the table so you and your team can focus on forging connections and doing the best work of your lives. To accomplish this, we decided to do more than be a food delivery service. We carefully curated everything from our local restaurant relationships, their home-grown recipes, and the nurturing of our warm and caring delivery team — all to provide you a thoughtful and diverse lunchtime experience. We knew that being the leading hospitality service means we can be the backdrop to developing your team’s culture and raising your employee experience.
As part of our continued growth, Chewse is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to solve some tough problems! We have a mixture of logistic (last mile delivery) and data modeling challenges to support our scaling company. You will partner with our Head of Engineering to bring the best design patterns and concepts to the board. In this full-time role, you’ll be a senior individual contributor who will be a key technical mentor to the rest of the engineering team.
Current Tech Stack: Python/Django, VueJS, Postgres DB. Deployed on Heroku.
As a Lead Software Engineer at Chewse, you will:
- Define a roadmap for the design and architecture of our new platform by converting our existing monolithic Django application into a service oriented architecture
- Drive system architecture decisions, but also enjoy getting your hands dirty and cleaning up ugly areas of the codebase.
- Look beyond the tech stack and explore new systems that we can integrate with to cut development efforts in half
- Dive into legacy code and help the team clean up technical debt
Our Ideal Lead Software Engineer will have:
- 10+ years of web application development experience
- 3+ years in an architect or principal engineer level role
- Familiarity with modern front end frameworks: React, Vue.js, etc
- Experience designing and architecting complex backend systems
- Deep understanding of service oriented architectures, design patterns and data modeling
- Solid understanding of relational and nosql databases
- Deep understanding of REST API development
- BS degree in Computer Science
- Humble confidence strictly required
As a Lead Software Engineer at Chewse, you will own your success within an organization that’s unabashedly focused on “love & excellence” in everything we do. Our culture-first approach has created a great place to work and grow, and we have industry-leading diversity and retention rates to show for it. We offer a great salary, all the usual benefits, plus many unique perks including; catered lunches, team events, individual professional development funds, a clear career path for every role, and flexible time off with a company average of 4 weeks taken.
National Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Health Coverage (Company Contribution towards Medical, Dental, Vision. Employees & their Dependents): We offer competitive coverage plans because you’re worth it.
- Flexible Paid Vacations: (Eligible after 90-days) We believe the integration and balance between work and life are essential to happiness and success.
- Mobile Phone Stipend, monthly: Chewse recognizes that employees may occasionally need to make business calls, business e-mails, and the occasional text messages and want to support that.
- Food to Build Community: Food is our love language, so we serve Chewse catered meals 3x a week, gather for a monthly company team bonding and stock the office with healthy snacks!
- Professional Development: (Eligible after 90-days) We help fund our employees to continue their professional growth by providing set funds annually to attend workshops, conferences, or night classes that will help them go the extra mile.
- Team Love: Chewse teams have quarterly bonding time dedicated to strengthening your weekday tribe to get the job done.
- Salary: $149,877-$187,346
We believe the happiest teams eat like family. That human connection can come from sharing a great meal together. That everything we do should be precision and care. That our work here is a microcosm of how an interconnected world might look and feel.
If this resonates with you, join us in helping foster that same sense of community and authentic connection with our clients everywhere.