Who We Are
At Chewse, our goal is to put food on the table so you and your team can focus on forging connections and doing the best work of your lives. To accomplish this, we decided to do more than be a food delivery service. We carefully curated everything from our local restaurant relationships, their home-grown recipes, and the nurturing of our warm and caring delivery team — all to provide you a thoughtful and diverse lunchtime experience. We knew that being the leading hospitality service means we can be the backdrop to developing your team’s culture and raising your employee experience.
So What's the Job Really?
Central to Chewse’s daily operations, our San Francisco Operations Supervisor will work with our San Francisco Operations Manager to hire and manage our part-time employee team members. This role owns full-cycle team building: recruitment, interviewing, on-boarding, training, coaching, and off-boarding, and serves as the main point of contact for the part-time employees within their market. Outside of team building, Operations Supervisors help implement and manage projects in the market to improve hiring practices, employee retention, and completion of daily operations.
This role is critical to high order performance in Chicago: We’re a small, but quickly developing team, looking for a proven manager with a people-first approach. The best candidates rely on their candid approach, positive attitude and high energy to build and manage teams.
- Own market recruitment, on-boarding, training, and coaching a team of part-time employees in San Francisco, meeting and/or exceeding goals
- Work in tandem with the People Team and the San Francisco Operations Manager to ensure best practices are followed
- Review cost tracking
- Ensure operations labor supply meets business demands
- Responsible for helping to meet COGs goals set by Operations Manager as well as assessing cost-saving opportunities
- You’ll be a Chewse ambassador for culture and values to your team and the clients we serve
- You have at least 2 year of people management experience in the food and beverage, hotel, retail, or delivery logistics spaces
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- You have full-cycle experience building a team: you’ve recruited, interviewed, hired, trained, coached, managed, and off-boarded hourly employees. You understand the importance of discretion, professionalism, and HR policies when working with your team
- You have an expert proficiency level of such tools as Google Sheets and Excel
- Creative and Hungry: You love to win and come up with creative and client-focused ideas to drive win/win solutions for the client and Chewse
- Motivational Leader: You have a realistic, but positive attitude and are comfortable coaching and giving feedback
- Entrepreneurial: You’re willing to build processes from scratch, able to adapt on the fly to new information, and have a strong sense of ownership
- Radical Candor: You speak with high care and high directness, giving frequent feedback. You’re an empathetic, vulnerable listener
- Available: You are available to work 40-hours weekly in an office environment based on the market’s specific business needs. Our markets currently operate M-F and hours of operation are dependent on demand.
- Tech Savvy: You are familiar with Google Drive products and can swiftly pick-up on using a wide range of desktop and mobile applications.
- Organized: You’re detail-oriented, modeling organized behavior for your team. You coach your team to the right standards when they’re not displayed
- Nice to haves: You have working knowledge of building, maintaining and organizing a warehouse inventory system and have previous experience working with an Applicant Tracking System (ATS), You have worked in catering or Operations
National Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Health Coverage (Company Contribution towards Medical, Dental, Vision. Employees & their Dependents): We offer competitive coverage plans because you’re worth it.
- Flexible Paid Vacations: (Eligible after 90-days) We believe the integration and balance between work and life are essential to happiness and success.
- Mobile Phone Stipend, monthly: Chewse recognizes that employees may occasionally need to make business calls, business e-mails, and the occasional text messages and want to support that.
- Food to Build Community: Food is our love language, so we serve Chewse catered meals 3x a week, gather for a monthly company team bonding and stock the office with healthy snacks!
- Professional Development: (Eligible after 90-days) We help fund our employees to continue their professional growth by providing set funds annually to attend workshops, conferences, or night classes that will help them go the extra mile.
- Team Love: Chewse teams have quarterly bonding time dedicated to strengthening your weekday tribe to get the job done.