Who we are!
Who we are!
Hi, we are Chewse! Hundreds of offices work with us to run their employee meal programs and culture services. On a monthly basis, we serve over 19,000 people. Chewse delivers family-style office meals from the best local restaurants. We take on the burden of planning group meals, so companies large and small can focus on doing great work, with amazing people, on time. We outperform our competition around three core value propositions. 1) Curated Menus, 2) Local Restaurants, and 3) Consistent experience.
We are a unique little team that is constantly experimenting with the best ways to have a fun, fulfilling, and productive culture. If you want to be part of a team that is paving the way for the Culture as a Service (CaaS) industry, and working on big hairy problems in order to help facilitate authentic human connection, then please reach out to us. The work is not easy, but the positive impact is real. Every day we are working hard on building a love company.
So What’s The Job Really?
As the company’s People Operations Coordinator you will be responsible for supporting a growing People team with a strong focus on administration coordination and onboarding. We’re looking for someone who’s excited to grow their career in People Operations and has a desire to build culture in a love & excellence company! This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to learn multiple aspects of building and running People Operation functions in a fast growing startup!
You would provide support to both the People Operations and Talent Acquisition groups and report directly to the People Operations Manager. The ideal addition to our team is welcoming, friendly, comfortable speaking in front of a group of individuals, task-oriented, motivated, and able to consistently maintain high standards of accuracy and efficiency in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage the onboarding process for new hires, including creating new hire checklists, IT system administration, verifying work authorization and other related onboarding tasks.
- Organize and manage recruiting scheduling and applicant management in (ATS) Greenhouse.
- Administrative support for our Learning Management System (LMS).
- Assist in administering People processes and benefits including Flexible Time Off, Professional Development Funds, Performance reviews, compensation and culture initiatives.
- Manage bi-weekly payroll prep: Follow-up on timesheet approvals, ensure accurate processing of new hires into ADP, terminations, garnishments papers filed, output increases processed, and leaves of absences tracked and followed up on.
- Support People Ops team with enhancing and building new processes for training and development as we grow teams into new markets. Support special projects as needed.
- Coordinate travel, scheduling meetings, and run occasional errands.
- Assist Office and Facilities Coordinator with planning events, off-sites, ensure safety and security within the office and help maintain a clean well-stocked office.
- 1-2 years People/HR or Office Administration or related professional experience
- Prior experience conducting new hire onboarding preferred
- Experience with systems, data entry - HRIS, ATS, LMS and Payroll
- Mac and G Suite experience preferred
- Experience in a service industry or customer facing role preferred
- Excellent attention to detail, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Can work successfully both independently and within a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and utilize appropriate tact and professionalism
Why should you care?
- Flexible Time Off: We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need.
- Health Coverage: We offer competitive coverage plans for medical, dental and vision because you’re worth it.
- Food to Build Community: Food is our love language, so we serve Chewse catered meals 3x a week, gather for a monthly company team bonding and stock the office with healthy snacks!
- Professional Development: We help fund our employees to attend workshops, conferences, or night classes that will help them go the extra mile.
- Team Love: Chewse teams have quarterly bonding budgets, strengthening your weekday tribe to get the job done.