Who We Are
Hi, we’re Chewse! Hundreds of offices work with us to run their employee meal programs and culture services in Los Angeles and San Francisco. Chewse delivers family-style office meals from the best local restaurants to over 19,000 employees. We take on the burden of planning group meals, so companies large and small can authentically connect each day with their teammates. We outperform our competition around three core value propositions: 1) Curated Menus, 2) Local Restaurants, and 3) Consistent Experience.
We are a unique team that is constantly experimenting with the best ways to have a heart-focused, fulfilling, and productive culture. If you want to be part of a team that is paving the way for the Culture as a Service (CaaS) industry, and working on big problems in order to help facilitate authentic human connection, then please jump in!
WHAT’S THE EXPANSION TEAM?
The Expansion Team owns bringing Chewse to new markets around the country - analyzing top market opportunities, modeling the go-to-market plans, and sending out Launch Teams to bring our 3-sided marketplace to life. The Expansion Team is uniquely cross-functional at Chewse, blending BizOps, Sales and Marketing, People, Logistics and Operations and Restaurant Relations all under one team’s roof. We're looking for strong performers who can move fast, have a natural aptitude for blending creativity with business acumen, and are excited to bring Chewse’s mission to the world.
WHAT’S THE JOB, REALLY?
Our City Launchers are a critical piece of Chewse’s success in every market, responsible for operationalizing the city from scratch in a matter of months. This is an intense, business-side startup role, where there’s no such thing as a typical day, and to excel, you can’t just be smart - you have to self-motivated, highly analytical, and have excellent interpersonal skills.
As a City Launch Manager, your team will enter new markets, establish Restaurant partnerships, hire for our local team, build Client relationships, open the local office and warehouse, and begin embedding Chewse within the local culture. You’ll run all on-the-ground activities required for Chewse to succeed, while simultaneously learning about and responding to the nuances required to be successful. You’re not just known for being a hustler - you’re THE hustler: entrepreneurial, incredibly adaptable, ambitious to exceed your goals. This job requires full-time travel.
- Travel - You’ll move to a new city several times a year, launching Chewse from scratch in that market
- Own new market success - You’ll functionally serve as GM of the market for it’s first few months, owning the market’s P&L, coaching and managing the team, and ensuring holistic success
- Manage City Launchers - You’ll directly manage a team of City Launchers that travel with you to each new market
- Lead Active Learning - Enter new markets requires constant learning and adapting. You’ll orient Chewse to the needs of each new market, actively learning as you launch. You’ll also serve as the local coach and trainer for new hires.
- Analyze - Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of acquisition, engagement, and retention programs on all sides of our marketplace.
- Experiment - Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything from pickup times to restaurant selection to client profiles.
- Influence – Work cross-functionally to drive strategic initiatives and improve opportunities.
- Build - As one of the first members of Chewse’s Expansion Team, you’ll contribute directly to building Chewse’s Expansion systems, making them faster, more cost effective, and more efficient.
WHO ARE YOU?
- You are excited to travel full-time and move to new cities throughout the year.
- You have 2 - 5 years experience as a people manager, ideally in a GM or senior management role.
- You have 2 - 5 years background in consulting, finance, growth, biz dev, strategic operations and / or an MBA, but applicable experience and the right attitude is better.
- You’re a relationship builder and expert communicator, known for your ability to influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions.
- You’re known for your problem solving skills, synthesizing complex projects and independently translating high-level goals into actionable plans.
- You have strong business judgment and analytical skills, and can use data to prioritize, drive strategic discussion, and ultimately deliver real outcomes.
- You do your best work in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- You care deeply about culture: you’ve always wanted to work at a company that values bringing your whole self to work
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Flexible Time Off: We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need.
- Health Coverage: We offer competitive coverage plans for medical, dental and vision because you’re worth it.
- Food to Build Community: Food is our love language, so we serve Chewse catered meals 3x a week, gather for a monthly company team bonding and stock the office with healthy snacks!
- Professional Development: We help fund our employees to attend workshops, conferences, or night classes that will help them go the extra mile.
- Team Love: Chewse teams have quarterly bonding budgets, strengthening your weekday tribe to get the job done.
- While you’re traveling, housing is provided
- Comp range between $85k - $116k with generous equity