Who we are!
Hi, we are Chewse! Hundreds of offices work with us to run their employee meal programs and culture services. On a monthly basis, we serve over 19,000 people. Chewse delivers family-style office meals from the best local restaurants. We take on the burden of planning group meals, so companies large and small can focus on doing great work, with amazing people, on time. We outperform our competition around three core value propositions. 1) Curated Menus, 2) Local Restaurants, and 3) Consistent experience.
We are a unique little team that is constantly experimenting with the best ways to have a fun, fulfilling, and productive culture. If you want to be part of a team that is paving the way for the Culture as a Service (CaaS) industry, and working on big hairy problems in order to help facilitate authentic human connection, then please reach out to us. The work is not easy, but the positive impact is real. Every day we are working hard on building a love company.
Our part time team’s main responsibility is ensuring that their deliveries are on time, accurate, and completed with the quality of hospitality that we feel is in line with our values and standards. Plus, opportunities for growth!
- We pay our employees hourly, not per delivery!
- Work with people who are passionate about community
- Parking, mileage, and phone reimbursements
- Lunch 2-3 times a week in the office, company gatherings, meetings and outings
- Paid sick leave
- Human Contact! Every team member works with a Support team and a direct supervisor
Who Are You?
- Must be available minimum 3 days/week, M-F from 9 am to 1 pm or 10 am to 3 pm
- You’re friendly and outgoing – our clients and restaurants love us for our approaches to customer service and partnership
- You appreciate feedback and candor, and are interested in pushing yourself and others to do well
- You are a scrappy problem solver, and can keep a cool head while navigating the streets of Silicon Valley
- You believe punctuality is the first step to success – timeliness is key to a successful delivery, and our clients depend on it
- You are excited to work for a mission-driven company
- You have excellent verbal and written skills, both in person and by telephone
- You are detail-oriented
- You demonstrate the ability to problem-solve in the moment and execute solutions with firms judgment
- Experience in the hospitality and/or customer service world preferred
- You’re hungry, literally! You love food and you love bringing people together over delicious meals.
Essential Duties & Functions
- You are 18 or older, own a car with valid drivers license, registration, and insurance
- You have a minimum of 2 years driving experience in the U.S.
- You have a clean driving record and will pass driver background checks
Additional Job Requirements
- You can lift and carry 40 lbs
- You own a smartphone & are proficient at navigating multiple apps at a time
- You can operate a phone – including talking to our Support team – in urgent situations
- You can communicate across multiple teams
The physical demands described here are representative of the requirements that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to come and go from the work area regularly, talk, listen, use a personal computer and telephone, read and understand documents containing text and/or numbers.