Who we are!
Hi, we are Chewse! Hundreds of offices work with us to run their employee meal programs and culture services. On a monthly basis, we serve over 19,000 people. Chewse delivers family-style office meals from the best local restaurants. We take on the burden of planning group meals, so companies large and small can focus on doing great work, with amazing people, on time. We outperform our competition around three core value propositions. 1) Curated Menus, 2) Local Restaurants, and 3) Consistent experience.
We are a unique little team that is constantly experimenting with the best ways to have a fun, fulfilling, and productive culture. If you want to be part of a team that is paving the way for the Culture as a Service (CaaS) industry, and working on big hairy problems in order to help facilitate authentic human connection, then please reach out to us. The work is not easy, but the positive impact is real. Every day we are working hard on building a love company.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
- Manage a sales pipeline: Build and manage a pipeline of restaurant contacts, moving qualified opportunities through the process quickly in order to meet your monthly quota of closed partnerships. Most interactions are through email or phone.
- Prospect high value partnerships: While a team of SDRs will set you up with qualified opportunities, you’ll engage with and prospect high value contacts regularly, ensuring that your pipeline includes plenty of notable opportunities.
- Develop menu proposals: Build menu and pricing proposals for restaurants. Collaborate and negotiate with chefs/managers/owners on your proposals to establish offerings that are competitively priced, meet the Chewse diner’s needs and accurately showcase the restaurant’s food.
- Discover challenges, overcome objections: Engage your opportunities with genuine curiosity and communicate the value of a Chewse partnership through every stage of the acquisition process, from initial discovery to pricing negotiation to close.
- Build and improve process: We’re a startup, after all! Refine our Restaurant Acquisition process and tooling alongside your team to ensure scalability and improvement as we grow.
- Full Cycle Sales: Maintain a healthy pipeline of restaurant leads, constantly refining your pitch on the value of a Chewse partnership, while qualifying and closing prospective partners around market goals and alignment with our food quality and operational standards.
- Assortment Planning: Collaborate with cross functional teams to establish supply needs across Chewse’s markets using data analysis and qualitative research.
- Grow Variety in Existing Markets: Bring on new partnerships in Chewse’s existing markets, ensuring a steady stream of exciting, high quality restaurants to keep our customers engaged and our supply refreshed.
- Support Market Expansion: Collaborate with Launch Teams to quickly scale our supply in new markets, building partnerships that set the market up for early success.
- Develop Delicious Menus: Collaborate with the restaurants you bring on to build their Chewse menus, ensuring viability on our platform and negotiating mutually profitable pricing.
- Seal The Deal: Collect new partners’ menu and operational information and work with team members to get their account up on our platform. This includes overseeing copywriting, photography and data entry.
- Build Process: We’re a startup, after all! Refine our restaurant acquisition process and tooling alongside your team to ensure scalability and improvement as we grow.
- Experience managing or closely interacting with restaurant P&Ls
- Understanding of restaurant operations and the challenges of operating a restaurant today
- Experience with menu building and deep familiarity with ingredients, dietary restrictions and allergens
- Previous experience working with/alongside restaurant owners/chefs/restaurant managers
- Familiarity with and passion for learning about restaurant/food industry trends and news across the United States
- Experience with managing a pipeline of opportunities from afar while consistently meeting and exceeding aggressive quotas
- A refined, tried and tested approach to high stakes negotiations
- Incredibly strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to articulate your thoughts clearly and concisely
- A naturally friendly and curious demeanor that builds trust and rapport off the bat
- Proven track record of meeting time-bounded goals
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Ability to make data driven decisions, and fluency with Excel or Google Sheets
- Flexibility to travel to Chewse’s new and existing markets regularly to meet with and vet prospective partners
- Nice to haves: Past startup experience, experience with Salesforce
- Intellectual curiosity, exceptional integrity, and fearless introspection strictly required
- Belief in the Chewse mission to help people bring their hearts to work
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Flexible Time Off: We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need.
- Health Coverage: We offer competitive coverage plans for medical, dental and vision because you’re worth it.
- Food to Build Community: Food is our love language, so we serve Chewse catered meals 3x a week, gather for a monthly company team bonding and stock the office with healthy snacks!
- Professional Development: We help fund our employees to attend workshops, conferences, or night classes that will help them go the extra mile.
- Team Love: Chewse teams have quarterly bonding budgets, strengthening your weekday tribe to get the job done.