Who we are
At Chewse, our goal is to put food on the table so you and your team can focus on forging connections and doing the best work of your lives. To accomplish this, we decided to do more than be a food delivery service. We carefully curated everything from our local restaurant relationships, their home-grown recipes, and the nurturing of our warm and caring delivery team — all to provide you a thoughtful and diverse lunchtime experience. We knew that being the leading hospitality service means we can be the backdrop to developing your team’s culture and raising your employee experience.
So What's the Job Really?
- Manage a sales pipeline: Build and manage a pipeline of restaurant contacts, moving qualified opportunities through the process quickly in order to meet your monthly quota of closed partnerships. Most interactions are through email or phone.
- Prospect high value partnerships: While a team of SDRs will set you up with qualified opportunities, you’ll engage with and prospect high value contacts regularly, ensuring that your pipeline includes plenty of notable opportunities.
- Develop menu proposals: Build menu and pricing proposals for restaurants. Collaborate and negotiate with chefs/managers/owners on your proposals to establish offerings that are competitively priced, meet the Chewse diner’s needs and accurately showcase the restaurant’s food.
- Discover challenges, overcome objections: Engage your opportunities with genuine curiosity and communicate the value of a Chewse partnership through every stage of the sales process, from initial discovery to pricing negotiation to close.
- Build and improve process: We’re a startup, after all! Refine our Restaurant Acquisition process and tooling alongside your team to ensure scalability and improvement as we grow.
- Experience managing or closely interacting with restaurant P&Ls
- Understanding of restaurant operations and the challenges of operating a restaurant today
- Experience with menu building and deep familiarity with ingredients, dietary restrictions and allergens
- Previous experience working with/alongside restaurant owners/chefs/restaurant managers
- Familiarity with and passion for learning about restaurant/food industry trends and news across the United States
- Experience with managing a pipeline of opportunities from afar while consistently meeting and exceeding aggressive quotas
- A refined, tried and tested approach to high stakes negotiations
- Incredibly strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to articulate your thoughts clearly and concisely
- A naturally friendly and curious demeanor that builds trust and rapport off the bat
- Proven track record of meeting time-bounded goals
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Ability to make data driven decisions, and fluency with Excel or Google Sheets
- Flexibility to travel to Chewse’s new and existing markets regularly to meet with and vet prospective partners
- Nice to haves: Past startup experience, experience with Salesforce
- Intellectual curiosity, exceptional integrity, and fearless introspection strictly required
- Belief in the Chewse mission to help people bring their hearts to work
National Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Health Coverage (Company Contribution towards Medical, Dental, Vision. Employees & their Dependents): We offer competitive coverage plans because you’re worth it.
- Flexible Paid Vacations: (Eligible after 90-days) We believe the integration and balance between work and life are essential to happiness and success.
- Mobile Phone Stipend, monthly: Chewse recognizes that employees may occasionally need to make business calls, business e-mails, and the occasional text messages and want to support that.
- Food to Build Community: Food is our love language, so we serve Chewse catered meals 3x a week, gather for a monthly company team bonding and stock the office with healthy snacks!
- Professional Development: (Eligible after 90-days) We help fund our employees to continue their professional growth by providing set funds annually to attend workshops, conferences, or night classes that will help them go the extra mile.
- Team Love: Chewse teams have quarterly bonding time dedicated to strengthening your weekday tribe to get the job done.