About Chefman & CHEF iQ
Chefman is one of North America’s leading brands of small kitchen appliances. We are on a mission to exceed expectations with our commitment to building best-in-class products to cook the food we all love. We are hard at work to realize our vision of crafting the world’s most desired kitchen appliances.
In 2020, we launched the CHEF iQ brand, an ecosystem of connected kitchen appliances. Our mission for CHEF iQ is to enable the world to express their inner chef by making the kitchen experience seamless and transforming how the world connects through food. With our connected appliances and guided cooking intuitive experience, we are seeking to redefine cooking as we know it, making great food effortless in an immersive digital experience.
We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to fill the role of Sustaining Engineer at our office in Mahwah New Jersey. The position requires an individual capable of reviewing and analyzing the mechanical as well as electrical specifications and operation of small kitchen electro mechanical appliances for product reliability and integrity as well as providing continuous oversight and improvement during the product lifecycle.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Sustaining Engineer will be responsible for the following :
1. Product Evaluation including detailed engineering analysis both mechanical and electrical of products purchased from our China based factories. The responsibility includes review of schematics as well as mechanical structure and firmware operation.
2. Sustaining Engineering including the continuous evaluation and improvement during the life cycle of the product.
Detailed Duties and responsibilities will include:
1. Review existing product design, identify weaknesses, propose, implement and monitor effectiveness of improvements.
2. Analyze mechanical and Electrical designs
3. Understand Firmware operation
4. Contribute to risk management content such as FMEA and hazard analysis
1. Along with QC manager investigate product complaints and perform root cause analysis of failures, and propose remediation in a timely fashion
2. Along with QC manager analyze Complaint data and generate prioritized actions to address shortcomings associated with the company’s products
3. Engage with supply chain commodity teams, suppliers, and internal customers to define, plan, and manage component and FW roadmaps and EOL transitions
4. Engage and collaborate with the engineering team during the product development phase to ensure a smooth knowledge and product ownership transfer to Sustaining engineering after mass production
5. Responsibility to implement improvements with factory and insure that improvements have been implemented successfully
· Demonstrated troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
· Familiarity with mechanical CAD SW such as Solidworks
· Ability to read and understand schematic drawings and electronic circuits
· Experience working with cable assemblies and PCBs
· Working knowledge of manufacturing processes such as machining, injection molding, 3D printing and sheet metal fabrication
· Knowledge of Smart Sheet or Microsoft Project
· Project Management - Highly Skilled - Ability to manage multiple tasks
Education and Experience
· Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
· 5 years of project experience in electronic product analysis and sustaining engineering
· Experience working with factories in China and Taiwan