Senior React Native Developer Job Description
Chefman is one of North America’s leading, award-winning brands of small kitchen appliances. We are in love with great food and we are inspired to empower ordinary people all over the world to create restaurant quality dishes while enjoying an easy-to-follow and user-friendly experience.
About CHEF iQ
The CHEF iQ® journey began in 2017 with the simple idea that cooking should be approachable and enjoyable for all. Our team of master Hardware, Software, and Firmware Engineers, along with our expert designers, Culinary and Video professionals are working tirelessly to create an unrivaled cooking experience that seamlessly combines software and hardware to elevate the art of cooking. The result — an ecosystem of unparalleled culinary intelligence that lives in the cloud and the mobile app, connected to a Smart Cooker™ that can turn any ingredient into art.
We are seeking a Software Developer who will bring a deep passion and love of technology, along with excellent analytical skills and an innovative mind to contribute towards the creation of the state-of-the-art CHEF iQ® mobile application that will revolutionize the kitchen of the future.
Here at CHEF iQ®, we have redefined the meaning of masterful cooking. Meals are meant to be carefully crafted, savored, and celebrated. Using the CHEF iQ® App, users can explore new techniques through high-tech smart solutions, intuitive products, and innovative Guided Cooking recipes. Users can pair the application with the CHEF iQ® smart device using a smart connection and utilize the Smart Bar technology to monitor their cooking session. Users can also save their favorite ingredients as presets with advanced calculator software and cook confidently with help every step of the way.
This role will be based out of the Chefman office located in Mahwah, NJ. Salary is commensurate with candidate’s experience and successes.
• Collaborate with other Teams to review requirements, design and implement features for the mobile application
• Produce well designed, high quality and reusable code by applying design patterns and best practices in software development for agility, reliability, and scalability of the application
• Refactor code base from time to time to improve performance, reliability, and maintainability of the Web Console application
• Contribute to architecture, instrumentation, and performance design decisions
• Write unit and integration tests and carry out testing
• Participate in code reviews
• Design and expand on SQL and NoSQL database schema
• Improve efficiency of deployment and testing via CI/CD processes
• Triage and resolve issues reported by QE or other users
• Participate in daily standups and weekly sync-up meetings with stakeholders
• Participate in sprint planning sessions by reviewing goals and grooming stories
• Scale architecture with modern technologies leveraging the AWS platform
• Effectively connecting to a culture of delivering high quality content around the brand vision
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or another related field
• 4+ years of experience using React Native
• 3+ years of experience using TypeScript
• 5+ years designing and implementing RESTful API using microservice architecture
• Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and design patterns
• Knowledge of best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Proficient knowledge on SQL and NoSQL databases
• Proficiency in a Unix/Linux environment and experience working with CLI
• Experience with testing frameworks such as Jest, Mocha, Jasmine, and Chai
Desired Skills and Experience
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience with a least one static language (e.g. Java, C/C++) and at least one dynamic language (e.g. Ruby, Python)
• 5+ years designing and implementing GraphQL APIs using microservice architecture
• Familiarity with React