About Chefman & CHEF iQ
Chefman is one of North America’s leading brands of small kitchen appliances. We are on a mission to exceed expectations with our commitment to building best-in-class products to cook the food we all love. We are hard at work to realize our vision of crafting the world’s most desired kitchen appliances.
In 2020, we launched the CHEF iQ brand, an ecosystem of connected kitchen appliances. Our mission for CHEF iQ is to enable the world to express their inner chef by making the kitchen experience seamless and transforming how the world connects through food. With our connected appliances and guided cooking intuitive experience, we are seeking to redefine cooking as we know it, making great food effortless in an immersive digital experience.
We are seeking a skilled and passionate Culinary Assistant to join our Photography team. The Culinary Assistant will do grocery shopping for the Photography team and assist the Culinary Media Specialist on Social Media/Marketing Projects.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Grocery Shopping for Photography teams
- Consolidate grocery lists & shop daily for ingredients requested by the chefs.
- Pick photo-quality food and understand what makes one piece of produce more aesthetically pleasing than another.
- Go to multiple stores (when necessary) to get all the most visually appealing food.
- Help put groceries away, especially when delivering groceries before the scheduled day.
- Understand what replacements make sense when something is not available.
- Communicate with the team members when there are questions about an ingredient or an order.
- Know when the groceries are needed and plan around delivering the groceries by the requested time, regardless of how many or which stores are needed.
- Assist Culinary Media Specialist on Social Media/Marketing Projects for both Chefman/CHEF iQ Brands
- Assist Culinary Media Specialist in constantly coming up with ideas for all kinds of marketing content, including but not limited to, social media, blog posts, email blasts, advertisements, etc.
- Be aware of social media trends, which posts get the most engagement, and generate ideas for content based on this research.
- Work with the parties necessary to produce the content. This includes culinary research, writing blogs & newsletters, starring in video content, and coordinating culinary team members to assist in producing content.
- Occasionally produce and star in video content for social media, such as Instagram Lives, Instagram TV, and Instagram Stories.
Skills and Experience
- Extensive knowledge of food, with an interest in food styling/food media
- Culinary School Graduate or Experienced Cook with extensive knowledge of culinary techniques and various cuisines
- Comfort navigating through grocery stores and around the Mahwah area
- Has car, driver’s license & must be over 21 years of age
- Interest in food media/food marketing/food writing. Marketing or Writing background is a plus