With a deep love of great cooking and great food, Chefman has developed a passion to create a best in-class cooking experience, inspiring a line of innovative products that empower ordinary people the world over to become extra-ordinary home chefs, creating restaurant quality dishes with an enjoyable and user-friendly experience.
Cooking Forward. More than a tagline, it’s our Focus
Every product we develop takes the home chef to the next level in their cooking experience. From smart connected multicookers to simple one-touch coffee makers, Chefman is dedicated to making people’s lives in the kitchen easier and more enjoyable. To accomplish this, we have assembled a team of passionate and committed people on a mission to impact the world one kitchen at a time. We put our hearts and souls into producing an innovative and helpful kitchen product assortment that takes the pain out of meal preparation and adds joy to people’s lives and social experiences. Coupling quality hardware products with an intuitive, easy to use user experience and authentic and engaging culinary video content we provide home chefs with the tools they love in the kitchen.
We are seeking a creative, self-driven and detail-oriented individual to fill the role of Electronics Technician. Under the direction of the Engineering staff, the Electronics Technician will assist the engineering staff with the testing, evaluation and documentation of our small kitchen appliance products both in development as well as existing products already sold in the market. The candidate will be responsible for all tasks required to assist the engineering staff to test and validate product technical performance during its development life cycle as well as support the quality control and customer service teams as required with product returns and evaluations.
This role will be based out of the Chefman office located in Mahwah, NJ. Salary is commensurate with candidate’s experience and successes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the engineering staff during product development.
- Assist in the product development effort including develop and maintain schematics and parts lists (BOM)
- Build, test and repair PC boards and prototypes.
- Assist with test procedures and test fixtures.
- Execute tests according to test procedures.
- Assist QC and Customer Service
- Evaluate product returns to determine root cause of failures.
- Trouble shoot problems as they arise in the product hardware or test fixtures and procedures as required
- Manage and organize the equipment and logistical aspects of product testing
- Document results and analyze the data
- Generate clear, concise reports with approval/failure criteria
- Detail test results and provide recommendations for improvements
- Review and assess validity of test procedures on regular basis in order to continuously improve the performance of tests
Qualifications - successful candidates will possess the following:
- Mechanical and Electrical Skills –
- The candidate must have the following skills and experience:
- Electronic circuitry, electronics testing, and processors
- Reading wiring diagrams and schematics
- Experience using soldering equipment and test equipment such as oscilloscopes and multimeters.
- Experience in mechanical assembly of appliances
- Experience in small electro-mechanical appliances development and repair
- The candidate must be able to take small kitchen appliances apart and put them back together again as well as troubleshoot and determine root cause of failures
- The candidate must be able to work with all necessary tools for any potential job and possess a high level of expertise on various electronic and mechanical systems.
- The candidate should have experience in IOT product development and repair
- Hand-Eye Coordination – the candidate will work with small parts, such as circuits and wires, so the candidate must possess proficient eye-hand coordination to repair and install components
- Problem-Solving –
- Diagnose problems with electronic components, identify and provide solutions to electronic equipment issues and breakdowns
- Works well with cross functional teams and can work well under pressure. Problem solve and trouble shoot
- The candidate must be able to work with our QC and Culinary staff and assist them in their product testing.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to participate and contribute positively in work teams
- Communication Skills – From submitting various reports to speaking with engineers, project managers, programmers and other technicians, strong oral and written communication skills are crucial
- Organizational Skills – From keeping testing equipment in good working condition to maintaining accurate records and manuals, candidate must exhibit above-average organizational skills
- Computer Proficiency – Familiarity with Windows and Microsoft Office applications, software installation, and programming is essential for this position
- Familiarity with electronic product development
- Knowledge of Smart Sheet or Microsoft Project is a plus
- Team Work - Highly Skilled - Ability to lead and work in Teams
- Motivation - High energy - Demonstrates high urgency when working
- Detail-oriented and able to apply high-level focus to thoroughly accomplish tasks
Education & Experience
- The candidate must possess a minimum of a two-year degree in electronics technology.
- A minimum of 3 years working with electro-mechanical products
- Experience interfacing with factories in China and Taiwan is a plus