About Chefman & CHEF iQ
Chefman is one of North America’s leading brands of small kitchen appliances. Our mission is to provide the world with innovative products that make everyday cooking a better experience. Our vision is to have every kitchen cooking with Chefman products.
In 2020, we launched the CHEF iQ brand, an ecosystem of digitally connected kitchen appliances designed to streamline food preparation through guided cooking experiences. With this brand, we are seeking to redefine cooking as we know it, making great food effortless in an immersive digital experience.
At Chefman & CHEF iQ, we understand that the only way to realize our ambitious visions is by assembling a team of high caliber talent. Our people – and, by extension, our International Logistics, Domestic Logistics, Routing, and Warehousing Teams – are the cornerstone upon which the growth and success of our entire organization rests.
We strive to always exceed our customer’s expectations and effective Logistics management that includes efficient Routing, Receiving, Order Processing, and Fulfillment is a key pillar of our ability to achieve this goal. The Director of Logistics position is thus a critical role that needs to be filled by someone very highly competent.
We are seeking an extremely motivated, self-starter, and high achieving professional. This individual needs to embody the combination of a scrappy, common-sense driven judgement mentality typical of a startup along with a relentless pursuit of best practices and efficiencies.
This role will be responsible for hiring, overseeing, and mentoring staff; creating and implementing the policies, processes, and procedures necessary for the efficient execution of all duties of each team member within the greater Logistics Departments; as well as negotiating multiple contracts with vendors,
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Thorough familiarity in all aspects of Logistics and can capably oversee all employees within the greater Logistics Departments. This includes: Domestic Logistics, Import Logistics, Dropship, Inventory Management, and Warehousing
- Conducts all negotiations with relevant vendors, including but not limited to ocean carriers, drayage carriers, etc.
- Oversee all aspects of Logistics infrastructure setup for distribution expansion into EU region
- Manages Spare Parts Process
- Assists with Customer Replacement Process
- Manages Chep Pallet Program
- Oversees all open customer orders
- Enters all Domestic and Ecommerce orders
- Manages Inventory (receiving, adjustments, discrepancies, etc)
- Researches chargebacks and handles resolutions accordingly (warehouse level, inventory level)
- Set up new customers in QB
- Onboard new customers ensuring team is aware of all routing, labeling, and shipping requirements
- Manages 3rd party EDI provider (changes, adding trading partners, etc,)
- Support development of Oodle, internal proprietary software development with Order Entry, Inventory, and Logistics requirements
Required Skills and Experiences
- Superb Organizational skills
- Extremely reliable and dependable nature
- Incredible ability to pay attention to details
- Strong ability to multitask
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet pressing deadlines
- Phenomenal people management skills
- Strong ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong computer skills. Will need to be familiar with:
- Oodle (proprietary software)
- Ability to oversee updates in both softwares as Oodle is being built and rolled out incrementally
- Multiple customer portals
- Warehouse Management Software (WMS)
- Dropship EDI software, such as Go Flow
- Extensive experience in Logistics related fields
- High school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Creative, out-of-the-box problem solving skills
- Ability to take ownership and initiative
- Forward Thinker- ability to take steps to resolve current issues as they arise as well as prevent them from reoccurring