About Chefman & CHEF iQ
Chefman is one of North America’s leading brands of small kitchen appliances. Our mission is to simplify the kitchen experience and help transform how the world connects through food.
In 2020, we launched the CHEF iQ brand, an ecosystem of digitally connected kitchen appliances designed to streamline food preparation through guided cooking experiences. We seek to redefine cooking as we know it, making great food effortless in an immersive digital experience.
We are hard at work to realize our vision of crafting the world’s most desired kitchen appliances.
At Chefman & CHEF iQ, we understand that the only way to realize our ambitious visions is by assembling a team of high caliber talent. Our people – and by extension, our warehouse and logistics team – is the cornerstone upon which the growth and success of our entire organization rests.
We strive to always exceed our customer’s expectations. The Warehouse Manager role has a significant impact on our ability to achieve this goal. Effective inventory management and efficient fulfillment is a key pillar of our success.
This role will be responsible for hiring staff and creating the policies, processes, and procedures necessary for a smooth startup of our new Houston facility. The Warehouse Manager should have the skills and experience to run and operate this new warehouse efficiently while making sure all logistical needs are met.
The Warehouse Manager is the senior management role within the facility and is expected to establish best-in-class processes while maximizing space and resources.
- Brand new 173k square foot warehouse located in Houston, TX
- 28 dock doors
- Additional 25 trailer spaces
- 32’ foot-clear height
- 15 minutes from port
- Will complement two existing Chefman Distribution Centers located in:
- Orangeburg, NY
- Fontana, CA
- 2,000+ dropship orders daily
- Several hundred outbound LTL and TL monthly
- 1,000+ inbound floor loaded containers yearly
- All volume listed above is for current projections. Numbers are expected to grow significantly with time.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Consistently reevaluates processes and adjusts as needed to keep up with business growth and customer expectations.
- Manages warehouse related supplies and materials.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with WMS as well as inventory management team.
- Recruits, hires and trains employees.
- Safeguards warehouse operation and contents by establishing and monitoring security protocols to maintain a safe work environment
- Maintains clean working conditions by establishing and enforcing procedures accordingly
- Monitors employee performance and leads training initiatives designed to improve performance
- Communicates with other departments to ensure products are shipped on time and according to customer specifications
- Reports to the Director of Logistics
Required Skills and Experiences
- High school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred
- Ability to run both B2C and B2B operations smoothly and simultaneously
- Experience in inventory control
- 5 years’ minimum years warehouse management experience
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and email
- OSHA knowledge a plus
- Experience with performance metrics and meeting daily goals
- Forward Thinker- ability to take steps to resolve current issues as they arise as well as prevent them from reoccurring