Senior Mechanical Engineer Job Description
About Chefman & CHEF iQ
Chefman is one of North America’s leading brands of small kitchen appliances. Our mission is to provide the world with innovative products that make everyday cooking a better experience. Our vision is to have every kitchen cooking with Chefman products.
In 2020, we launched the CHEF iQ brand, an ecosystem of digitally connected kitchen appliances designed to streamline food preparation through guided cooking experiences. With this brand, we are seeking to redefine cooking as we know it, making great food effortless in an immersive digital experience.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for all the mechanical efforts involved in all stages of product development from research and development to design and manufacture in our overseas factories.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will bring very strong Engineering and Design skills along with highly creative problem-solving solutions in the design and development of state-of-the-art innovative small kitchen appliances.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the following efforts:
- Oversee all the Mechanical efforts involved in the Design, Development, Manufacturing, of the Chefman and CHEF iQ line of small kitchen appliances
- Support and develop solutions for design and mechanical engineering challenges for multiple ongoing projects at various stages of development. This will include initial scoping, design concept generation, design validation, manufacturing validation and development of sourced products including all the necessary steps for product launch
- Oversee, manage, coach, and mentor direct reports of other Mechanical Engineers working on different projects.
- Review and support overseas factories tooling and injection molding procedures
- Collaborate with Industrial Design Team to ensure optimal design
- Evaluate factory designs, proposed solutions, and processes
- Manage relationships with third-party vendors.
- Oversee DFM for all products.
- Participate in product safety and review analyses; confer with engineers and other cross-functional personnel to resolve malfunctions and to provide technical support
- Solid knowledge of and experience in Product Development processes
- Extensive experience with the design, development, and manufacturing of electro-mechanical products (Small kitchen appliances would be preferred)
- Working experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- Proficiency with Computer Aided Engineering (CAM) and Compute Aided Manufacturing (CAE)
- Ability to multitask and to manage multiple goals and objectives to their successful conclusion
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to participate and contribute positively in work teams.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with 2D or 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g., Solidworks AutoCAD, ProE or other)
- Experience managing other Mechanical Engineers
- Extensive experience working with Industrial Designers to ensure that the Industrial Designs and Mechanical Engineering Teams work together to design a successful product
- Knowledge of Smart Sheet or Microsoft Project
- Extensive experience interfacing with factories in China
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
Chefman offers market competitive salaries and benefits, including PTO and 401(k) matching. We provide meaningful growth and development opportunities in a rewarding work environment. Join our dynamic team!