VP of Hardware Engineering Job Description
About Chefman & CHEF iQ
Chefman is one of North America’s leading brands of small kitchen appliances. Our mission is to provide the world with innovative products that make everyday cooking a better experience. Our vision is to have every kitchen cooking with Chefman products.
In 2020, we launched the CHEF iQ brand, an ecosystem of digitally connected kitchen appliances designed to streamline food preparation through guided cooking experiences. With this brand, we are seeking to redefine cooking as we know it, making great food effortless in an immersive digital experience.
The VP of Hardware Engineering will be responsible to lead and manage the hardware development for all hardware products and teams. This includes managing and mentoring the Hardware Engineering Teams in their day-to-day roles in bringing complex products to life, as well as high level strategic guidance in product roadmap to define and create the future of small kitchen appliance technology products for Chefman and CHEF iQ. This role will be for a key leader on the technology team, working with a multi-disciplinary team to bring new technical products to market.
Roles & Responsibilities
The VP of Hardware Engineering will be responsible for the following efforts:
- Lead, manage, and mentor all Hardware Cross Functional Development Teams. These include:
- Mechanical, electrical, Firmware. Systems Engineering, Compliance, QA and Test Engineering teams
- Provide strategic direction and recommendations for complex, highly technical products that will require iteration and scale over time
- Engage with all other relevant technical teams including Product & Experience, Project Involvement in the business, strategic, and feasibility analysis of related products, technologies, and potential partner relationships
- Organize, maintain, and be responsible for the technical product roadmap
- Consider the entire ecosystem while making decisions, from technical implications to business needs, time to market, engineering trade-offs, and more
- Experience designing and manufacturing electronic and small electrical appliances (kitchen appliances is preferable)
- Experience bringing products from concepts to commercialization
- Experience in small scale to high volume manufacturing
- Strong project management skillset, agile exposure is a major plus
- Technical knowledge in engineering including firmware and hardware development
- Experience directing and mentoring cross-disciplinary engineering teams in design and engineering best practices
- 10+ years product management experience with a proven record of successfully launching products.
- Experience running complex projects with multidisciplinary teams (Software, Hardware, Firmware, Mechanical, Electrical, Quality, Sustaining, etc.)
- Experience with all aspects of new product development, from design inception to mass production, including PCB layout, prototyping, circuit debugging, design validation, electro-mechanical packaging, thermal management, and end-product testing
- Experience designing products in a development gate process
- Experience interfacing with factories in China
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
Chefman offers market competitive salaries and benefits, including PTO and 401(k) matching. We provide meaningful growth and development opportunities in a rewarding work environment. Join our dynamic team!