Hardware Engineering Manager Job Description
About Chefman & CHEF iQ
Chefman is one of North America’s leading brands of small kitchen appliances. Our mission is to provide the world with innovative products that make everyday cooking a better experience. Our vision is to have every kitchen cooking with Chefman products.
In 2020, we launched the CHEF iQ brand, an ecosystem of digitally connected kitchen appliances designed to streamline food preparation through guided cooking experiences. With this brand, we are seeking to redefine cooking as we know it, making great food effortless in an immersive digital experience.
We are seeking a Hardware Engineering Manager who will be responsible to design and implement strategies to organize the Electronics Hardware Engineering Team to ensure maximum output and efficiency within the group. He will lead cross functional development teams for various Hardware sub-systems and will manage and track development schedules and identify and prioritize project tasks and risks. The candidate will run day to day Hardware and Firmware operations, as well as interact with the respective Project Managers responsible for their respective projects.
This role will be based out of the Chefman office located in Mahwah, NJ.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage and participate in the development of high-performing and reliable hardware for embedded systems using microcontrollers, sensors, and analog/digital interface circuits.
- Prepare Hardware and Firmware schedules for various development projects.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of all firmware and hardware engineers.
- Participate in developing tests and analyze circuits to ensure hardware requirements are met
- Participate in design reviews to evaluate all designs
- Mentor and train junior engineers and technicians regarding product design, innovations, embedded system architecture and testing.
- Participate in product regulatory process and certifications for UL, FCC, and other agencies as necessary.
- Research, assess and adapt to new technologies necessary for future enhancements of products
- Familiarity with electronic and small electrical appliance product development
- Technical knowledge in engineering including firmware and hardware development for embedded system
- Sound understanding of Agile development processes
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to complete projects and document work
- Highly skilled in Resource Management
- Project Management - Highly Skilled
- Ability to multitask and to manage multiple goals and objectives to their successful conclusion.
- 5 years’ experience in HW/FW development
- 3 years’ experience in HW engineering management
- Experience in Embedded System Architecture and documentation
- Experience with wireless networks including WiFi and Bluetooth.
- Experience with integration of LCD displays and other user interfaces
- Experience with printed circuit board (PCB) layout and schematic capture tools (PADS or similar)
- Advanced user knowledge of MS Office and Project Management tools
- Experience interfacing with factories in China
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with CAD tools (Solidworks, AutoCAD or similar)
- Experience working with small kitchen appliances is a plus.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
Chefman offers market competitive salaries and benefits, including PTO and 401(k) matching. We provide meaningful growth and development opportunities in a rewarding work environment. Join our dynamic team!