About Chefman & CHEF iQ
Chefman is one of North America’s leading brands of small kitchen appliances. We are on a mission to exceed expectations with our commitment to building best-in-class products to cook the food we all love. We are hard at work to realize our vision of crafting the world’s most desired kitchen appliances.
In 2020, we launched the CHEF iQ brand, an ecosystem of connected kitchen appliances. Our mission for CHEF iQ is to enable the world to express their inner chef by making the kitchen experience seamless and transforming how the world connects through food. With our connected appliances and guided cooking intuitive experience, we are seeking to redefine cooking as we know it, making great food effortless in an immersive digital experience.
About the Role
We are seeking a Hardware Engineering Manager who will be responsible to design and implement strategies to organize the Electronics Hardware Engineering Team to ensure maximum output and efficiency within the group. He will lead cross functional development teams for various Hardware sub-systems and will manage and track development schedules and identify and prioritize project tasks and risks. The candidate will run day to day Hardware and Firmware operations, as well as interact with the respective Project Managers responsible for their respective projects.
This role will be based out of the Chefman office located in Mahwah, NJ. Salary is commensurate with candidate’s experience and successes.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead the hardware development team - drive performance by fostering a collaborative environment with a high degree of accountability
- Manage and participate in the development of high-performing and reliable hardware for embedded systems using microcontrollers, sensors, and analog/digital interface circuits
- Prepare Hardware and Firmware schedules for various development projects.
- Manage the day to day activities of all firmware and hardware engineers
- Participate in developing tests and analyze circuits to ensure hardware requirements are met
- Participate in design reviews to evaluate all designs
- Supervise all projects implementation to ensure schedule is met and report development issues to project management.
- Mentor and train junior engineers and technicians regarding product design, innovations, embedded system architecture and testing.
- Participate in product regulatory process and certifications for UL, FCC, and other agencies as necessary
- Research, assess and adapt to new technologies necessary for future enhancements of products
- Collaborate with other development and support groups to produce innovative products and applications
- Familiarity with electronic and small electrical appliance product development
- Technical knowledge in engineering including firmware and hardware development
- Sound understanding of Agile development processes
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to complete projects and document work
- Highly skilled in Resource Management
- Project Management - Highly Skilled
- Ability to lead and work in Teams
- Demonstrates strong sense of urgency in approach to all work
- Ability to multitask and to manage multiple goals and objectives to their successful conclusion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Works well under pressure
- Well-developed emotional intelligence
- Professional conduct and demeanor
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- 5 years’ experience in HW/FW development
- 3 years’ experience in HW engineering management
- Detailed experience with electronic and small electrical appliance product development
- Experience developing firmware and hardware for embedded system
- Experience in Embedded System Architecture and documentation
- Experience with wireless networks including WiFi and Bluetooth
- Experience with integration of LCD displays and other user interfaces
- Experience with printed circuit board (PCB) layout and schematic capture tools (PADS or similar)
- Advanced user knowledge of MS Office and Project Management tools
- Ability to manage budgets, timelines, and risks
- Project management experience in electronic product development
- Extensive experience in a leadership capacity
- Experience interfacing with factories in China
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with CAD tools (Solidworks, AutoCAD or similar)
- Technologically and design savvy
- Experience working with small kitchen appliances
- Amateur foodie or passionate about cooking or eating
- Experience or enthusiasm working in an energetic and driven startup environment