Chefman is one of North America’s leading brands of small kitchen appliances. We are in love with great food and we are inspired to empower ordinary people all over the world to create restaurant quality dishes while enjoying an easy-to-follow and user-friendly experience. To accomplish this, we have assembled a team of passionate and committed people on a mission to impact the world one kitchen at a time. We put our hearts and souls into producing an innovative and helpful kitchen product assortment that takes the pain out of meal preparation and adds joy to people’s lives and social experiences. These hardware products coupled with intuitive and convenient software and loaded with authentic and engaging culinary video content provides home chefs with the tools they need to achieve picture perfect results with maximum efficiency.
About the Role
Chefman is looking for an entry level Workplace Support Engineer to provide best in class technical support services to Chefman teammates. The Workplace Support Engineer must have knowledge in both PC, MAC, printer, mobile and VOIP endpoint support and troubleshooting. The primary role of the Workplace Support Engineer is to provide level-1 and level-2 support for the ChefmanTechnology environment under the supervision of the Director of IT. This includes the administration and support of both hardware and software as it relates to Enterprise Technology, maintaining and managing client/server applications and desktop-based operating systems deployed within the company.
This role will be based out of the Chefman office located in Mahwah, New Jersey and reports to the Director of IT.
This role is a contract role and is estimated to be active for approximately 6 months.
- Provide Help Desk level-1 and level-2 support for workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, and other network attached devices.
- Monitor the internal ticketing systems, completing basic support requests where appropriate onsite or via remote tools
- Escalate support requests when they cannot be resolved to ensure timely resolution to issues.
- Building, installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting both MAC and Windows desktops & laptops.
- Microsoft account administration: Create user accounts, manage permissions and passwords (Cloud and Internal)
- Software & license installation.
- Desktop support for all hardware and software related issues.
- First call phone support for all technical remote issues.
- Develop & document tickets, resolutions, procedures, configurations, and assets.
- Install & maintain 3rd party software & licensing.
- Set up & move technologies as necessary.
- Analyze issues & create solutions for hardware & software problems.
- Engage in training opportunities to further develop skills and knowledge in key areas, such as desktop support, networking, and operating systems
Skills & Requirements
- College diploma or university degree, preferably in technology.
- 1+ years of Helpdesk troubleshooting experience, A+ or Network+ Certifications preferred.
- Knowledge and/or experience with both Microsoft Windows 10 and MAC OSX administration and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge/Experience with Microsoft products, Remote Desktop Services, Office 365, some server tech (AD) etc.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills are required for success
- Ability to handle clients professionally during all interfaces
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service focused attitude.
- Ability to lift and transport moderately heavy equipment such as computers and monitors.
- Experience with video collaboration tools and conference room technology support
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and escalate problems to management when needed.