Chefman is one of North America’s leading brands of small kitchen appliances. We are in love with great food and we are inspired to empower ordinary people all over the world to create restaurant quality dishes while enjoying an easy-to-follow and user-friendly experience. To accomplish this, we have assembled a team of passionate and committed people on a mission to impact the world one kitchen at a time.
Meet CHEF iQ®
The CHEF iQ® journey began in 2017 with the simple idea that cooking should be approachable and enjoyable for all. The Smart Cooker™ was conceptualized, developed, and will constantly be improved for our customer — the modern home chef. Our team of master engineers, software developers, and design experts have worked tirelessly to create an unrivaled cooking experience that seamlessly combines software and hardware to elevate the art of cooking. The result — An ecosystem of unparalleled culinary intelligence that lives in one simple app, connected to a Smart Cooker™ that can turn any ingredient into art.
What You Will Do
The main responsibility for this position would be to work oniste at the office in Mahwah, NJ and provide groceries for all team members who need them. The teams include Product Development, Video, Photo, and Culinary.
- Shop daily for ingredients requested by the chefs. Ingredient lists will be finalized by the Sunday night before the week, at the latest.
- All video and photo ingredients must be delivered by 9:00 am the day specified on the form, but not earlier than 9am. The remaining groceries can be delivered by 12pm.
- Help put groceries away, especially when delivering groceries before the scheduled day.
- Go to multiple stores (when necessary) to get all ingredients.
- Pick good-quality produce, especially for filming.
- Understand what replacements make sense when something is not available. Communicate with the team members when there are questions about an ingredient or an order.
- Know when the groceries are needed and plan around delivering the groceries by the requested time, regardless of how many or which stores are needed.
The other main responsibility in this position would be assisting in gathering calculator data for our CHEF iQ Smart Calculators, including both Smart Cooker and Thermometer.
- Order food necessary for daily testing and conduct repetitive cooking tests to ensure that the calculator data is as accurate as possible.
- Record results in a detailed manner and presenting results to the team. The results will be recorded in a master Excel spreadsheet.
- Evaluate the results with the team based on a set list of credentials
- Maintain a clean workspace in the test kitchen
- Assistin dish-duty and general cleaning and organizing tasks
- Be flexible and willing to repeat the same test to achieve perfection!
In addition to the main responsibilities, the culinary assistant and shopper would also assist in daily test kitchen activities, including but not limited to cleaning, organization, special projects, etc.
What You Will Bring
- Culinary school background. Culinary degree is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of food products (ingredients)
- A reliable source of transportation and comfortable navigating through grocery stores around the Mahwah, NJ area
- Clean drivers' licence
- Ability to buy alcoholic beverages for recipe purposed (Must be over 21 years of age)
- The work schedule for this position is 7:30am to 4:30pm (Monday - Friday)
- Restaurant cooking experience is a plus
- Willingness to go the extra mile, passionate about food and cooking
- Positive attitude and highly collaborative in nature
- Ability to follow instructions and detailed oriented
**This is a contract to hire position onsite in our HQs located in Mahwah, NJ**