Chefman is one of North America’s leading brands of small kitchen appliances. We are in love with great food and we are inspired to empower ordinary people all over the world to create restaurant quality dishes while enjoying an easy-to-follow and user-friendly experience. To accomplish this, we have assembled a team of passionate and committed people on a mission to impact the world one kitchen at a time. We put our hearts and souls into producing an innovative and helpful kitchen product assortment that takes the pain out of meal preparation and adds joy to people’s lives and social experiences. These hardware products coupled with intuitive and convenient software and loaded with authentic and engaging culinary video content provides home chefs with the tools they need to achieve picture perfect results with maximum efficiency.
About CHEF iQ
The CHEF iQ® journey began in 2017 with the simple idea that cooking should be approachable and enjoyable for all. The Smart Cooker™ was conceptualized, developed, and will constantly be improved for our customer — the modern home chef.
Our team of master engineers, software developers, and design experts have worked tirelessly to create an unrivaled cooking experience that seamlessly combines software and hardware to elevate the art of cooking. The result — An ecosystem of unparalleled culinary intelligence that lives in one simple app, connected to a Smart Cooker™ that can turn any ingredient into art.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced and capable Director of European Sales who will bring a winning drive, persistence and professionalism to close and manage a successful sales portfolio.
As an experienced Director of Sales, you will act as brand ambassador for Chefman and CHEF iQ in the UK and European Union and will be responsible for building our brands presence, identifying new business opportunities and developing strong relationships with retailers and customers.
This role will involve travel but will be based out of candidate’s home office in the UK. Salary is commensurate with candidate’s experience and successes.
- Define & refine go-to-market strategy to introduce Chefman and CHEF iQ products in the UK and EU retail environment
- Work closely and collaborate with VP of Sales on all sales initiatives
- Set and tenaciously reach ambitious sales and business milestones
- Complete ownership of sales operations and logistics in the EU, including overseeing Logistics, Inventory, and Personnel
- Effectively communicating the brand vision with consistent messaging to all customers and merchants
- Communicating with the Marketing department regarding strategies, best practices, and execution
- Nurturing a culture of high ambitions and output
- Caring about agility, scalability and availability
Skills & Requirements
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Retail Sales in the UK and the EU, particularly in the CPG space and ideally in Small Electrics (small kitchen appliances)
- Experience building a brand organically in the UK/EU markets
- Ability to work remotely and experience working with teams in different time zones
- Great business acumen
- Operates under a sense of urgency
- Works well under pressure
- Well-developed emotional intelligence
- Supremely self-motivated and self-starter
- A keen perception and understanding of people
- Upbeat and fresh attitude
- Dignified and professional conduct and demeanor
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Superb organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Well versed in marketing trends
- Experience selling small kitchen appliances
- Amateur foodie
- Experience or enthusiasm working in an energetic and driven startup environment